The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Saddlebred Showing! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/saddlebred-showing-194770/)

KylieHuitema 05-17-2013 11:37 AM

Saddlebred Showing!

I am looking into getting *hopefully* a 5-gaited saddlebred to show saddleseat with. With this horse, could I show in 3-gaited saddlebred classes also? I am looking at a 5-year old saddlebred stallion that is 5-gaited. I most likely would show him huntseat also. (Maybe driving in the future?)

LadyDreamer 05-22-2013 11:26 PM

Yes. You could show him in the three gaited classes as well. Just because he has the extra gears, does not mean you have to use them. Just be careful about mixing your gaits. One of the horses I grew up on I showed three gaited. He was certain that you had to rack in the show ring. That is just what you did when you were at a show. We would usually get through the class okay and then he would rack to the lineup. We eventually got over that little issue.

Having a five gaited horse is a really great thing because then there really is nothing that you can't do. What kind of driving would you be doing? Have you heard of Singsation, the great combined driving Saddlebred? He was a five gaited show horse early in his career.

KylieHuitema 05-23-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyDreamer (Post 2593361)
Yes. You could show him in the three gaited classes as well. Just because he has the extra gears, does not mean you have to use them. Just be careful about mixing your gaits. One of the horses I grew up on I showed three gaited. He was certain that you had to rack in the show ring. That is just what you did when you were at a show. We would usually get through the class okay and then he would rack to the lineup. We eventually got over that little issue.

Having a five gaited horse is a really great thing because then there really is nothing that you can't do. What kind of driving would you be doing? Have you heard of Singsation, the great combined driving Saddlebred? He was a five gaited show horse early in his career.

I probably just got the oppurtunity of a lifetime! The lady's stallion I was looking into going to see, well I emailed her and she offered me to take the stallion free along with an older show mare! Time to just get the parents on board...

And I'll be sure to look ul Singsation! I love seeing all the pretty saddlebreds!