The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What color...? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-color-19488/)

ohhellneely 12-18-2008 08:35 PM

What color...?

What color tack looks best on a chestnut?
Pictures would be great!

jazzyrider 12-18-2008 08:58 PM

i love yellow on chestnuts. it has to be a nice bright yellow though. or a really nice red. sadly i dont have any pics of these colours on a horse but they look really good ;) anything in the red spectrum of colours usually looks awesome ;)

PoptartShop 12-18-2008 09:06 PM

I like blue, red, or green on chesnuts. :D So cute!

jazzyrider 12-18-2008 09:18 PM

i forgot to say that it depends on the shade of chestnut that the horse is too. darker colours seem to look better on lighter chestnuts and lighter/brighter colours on darker chestnuts.

kchfuller 12-21-2008 12:52 AM

hunter green!

mudypony 12-21-2008 10:51 AM

I think a sage green would look nice with a deep chocolate brown thrown in there too. Here's some of the stuff I would choose...

Turnout Blanket (choose Medium or Heavy weight):
Rhino Original Turnout Med w/l and Mid Weight Turnout Horse Blankets*|*EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

Turnout Sheet:
Horseware Rhino Orig Light T/O and Light Weight Turnout Horse Blankets*|*EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

Hood for Turnout Blanket and Sheet:
Rhino Turnout Hood and Horse Blanket Neck Covers*|*EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

Cooler (in chocolate color):
Rambo Newmarket Fleece Cooler from SmartPak Equine

Leather Halter:
Double Stitched Stable Halter from SmartPak Equine

Saddle Pad (in sage green color and/or chocolate color)
Lettia CoolMax Saddle Pad and Saddle Pads - English*|*EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

These are just examples of things I think would look good on a chestnut. Let me know if you need help finding things in whatever color you choose, as I will be more than willing to help.

Remali 12-21-2008 12:05 PM

I love hunter green on a chestnut horse!

Rebelappy 12-22-2008 08:46 PM

any shade of blues i like navy on my brat personally ... but i also like black on him for showing crisper look but hes also really light chestnut with flax mane and a white butt cause hes an appy

ditzydoo 12-22-2008 09:30 PM

i use green and white on my chestnut and he looks quite nice
but hes very bulky and dark. . chestnuts seem to look nice in very plain things and not outragous colours!

Salty_alydaR 12-22-2008 09:31 PM

hunter green all the way!