The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   I need some help... (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/i-need-some-help-195410/)

DraftyAiresMum 05-18-2013 01:40 PM

I need some help...

So, I gained a lot of weight at the end of last year (80lbs in about two months). I've always been "well endowed," but now it's just ridiculous. Before I gained weight, I was a comfortable 36D. I measured myself last night (used to work as a lingerie fitter years ago) and my band size measures about 40.5". My bust size measures 47" (as they sit naturally with no bra on). If I remember my conversions correctly, that would make me a 40DDDD/40G. :shock:

So, I'm looking for a good bra with decent support. I have only ever worn underwire bras, because every non-underwire bra I've tried just doesn't have any support. However, we were watching TV the other night and this info-mmercial came on for the MilanaBra by Genie. It looks super comfy and I like the lace detail (hate layering cuz the tank always rides up and annoys the crap out of me). Here's the website: http://www.milanabra.com/ . Any thoughts on them? I'm not so much looking for a riding bra as I am a comfortable every day bra.
Posted via Mobile Device

Charley horse 05-19-2013 01:25 PM

Good luck drafty finding a good bra...I am a double D and still havent found a good bra!

DraftyAiresMum 05-19-2013 01:41 PM

Thanks, Charley. I bought one of those original Genie bras last night at Walmart. Supposedly the 2X fits up to a 42DDD (which should have the same cup size, but bigger band size, as a 40DDDD). Yeah, I couldn't even get it over the girls. So, that's going back today.

I REALLY don't want to have to go to Victoria's Secret to find a bra. They're super expensive and I've never had a bra from there that was comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device

RandysWifey 05-19-2013 01:49 PM

have you tried torrid? my sister is very well endowed and swears by them and lane bryants! Torrid.com - Plus sizes - Product Categories - Bras

DraftyAiresMum 05-19-2013 02:01 PM

Torrid doesn't have big enough sizes (they only go up to DDD).

Lane Bryant has some promising-looking ones. Looks like I'm gonna have to plan a trip down to Anthem (an hour away and the closest Lane Bryant store). I'm not gonna order them off the Internet without being able to try them on first, especially if I'm going to be paying $40-50 for a bra.
Posted via Mobile Device

Charley horse 05-20-2013 12:25 AM

I would search around online for plus sizes..I use to have a few web sights bookmarked but no longer have them...I was thinking of buying that wal mart bra to give a try.

DraftyAiresMum 05-20-2013 01:09 AM

As long as you're not overly big, the Genie bra would be fine. Heck, it might even be comfortable. I would order a size larger than it says you need, though (there's a chart on the back to convert your bra size to their sizing). There isn't hardly any stretch to it.

I found a couple online, but I'm hesitant to buy without being able to try it on first, especially since larger sizes tend to be (a lot) more money (haven't found one under $30...most of them are $40-60).
Posted via Mobile Device

Tracer 05-20-2013 07:25 AM

Just a warning - if the Genie bras you mention are anything like the ones her in Australia, they lift your boobs there they join your stomach, and then let them flop. And that's when I'm only a D.

Charley horse 05-20-2013 11:09 AM

Okay then it prob wouldnt be any good for me either :/
I was thinking something to smush them in flat for riding lol!!!

Golden Horse 05-20-2013 11:37 AM

Charley horse, squash em flat to ride, go with the Ennel bra, love mine.

Drafty, good luck in your search, I can't add much, it can be hard enough finding a decent DD let alone bigger than that