The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know what this is?

4K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Allison Finch 
#1 ·
Well obviously you don't because you can't see it from there:lol::lol:

It is me smiling a HUGE smile because today I got to ride a reining horse. Get this, the coward who hasn't loped in...errr......well:oops: I really can't remember when I last loped, jumped up on a mare I have never met before, walked her a little, then trotted, then set off on lope circles slow and small, and fast and large!:D

Then we did some stops, including one where she gave me a little slide, then some roll backs, then

DA DAH.

We spun, considering that I have never done it before I was so pleased, and she was so honest and tried her heart out. I have her kind of turning, then we hit it right and she spins OMG, what a feeling.

Then we tried a few more, and I had one where we were REALLY spinning, she was flat and low her mane was standing out in the breeze, and the reins ends were more horizontal than vertical.

It was a blast from start to finish!

See less See more
#2 ·
How awesome!!

Funny coincidence: Max and I joined a friend at a reining clinic yesterday! We were attempting everything you described, laughing at outselves and providing good-natured entertainment. We did acheive lightness and collection, though our circles resemble hotdog buns.
Posted via Mobile Device

#17 ·
I think if you have the means to buy her and take lessons with a trainer to teach you and keep her honest, do it!
Not only will you have a good solid horse to learn on but that will give you time to teach your up and comer. How can you teach a young horse if you don't know what a solid broke one feels like? It gives you something to work towards.
And she sounds like she gave you a bit of a confidence boost :)

#18 ·
You are close at $7500, more than I have ever paid, but I can see her value for sure. I would have to sell all of mine for their top dollar to get close to raising the cash. Then with this mare is the big question frankly would she benig enough for me? I was actually suprised when they offered me a ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
Well young Emmy is going over to the reining trainer for a 30 day western foundation to be put on her.

I'm taking her over next Sunday, and I get to have an hours lesson on Hollywood, the mare I'm riding in the video, I'm super stoked about both things:lol:

Ad just because she is pretty Emmy cantering, well not only because she is pretty, but she is not rushing, bucking or motorbiking into the canter RESULT

#26 ·
Ok when you come back from your lesson you need to post a pic of this:lol:

Horse Bridle Halter Rein Horse tack

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS!!!!:wink:

#28 ·
Oh too funny!!! That's what I start thinking when I get on my friends horses.....and they have awesome run downs (very fast!).....I always slow down before the horse does and get in trouble......I'm a big chicken!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.