The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Animals (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/)
-   -   They have big bulls! (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/they-have-big-bulls-196506/)

Muppetgirl 05-20-2013 12:04 AM

They have big bulls!

Disclaimer: Tiny you may interpret my heading as you wish:wink:

Came across this, Wowzers.......do you think this is the 'Impressive' line of bulls....hopefully without the HYPP!

Haha a link would help!!! Here it is:

Roperchick 05-20-2013 12:14 AM

Holy muscles Batman! Jeesh that guy is huuuge! He could eat BOTH my heifers and nobody would know lol

waresbear 05-20-2013 12:17 AM

I have seen these types of super bulls at the Vancouver exhibition, PNE, massive!

Farmchic 05-20-2013 12:18 AM

Makes our Angus bull look like a mini :shock:

Golden Horse 05-20-2013 12:23 AM

They are as tough as heck though, I'd rather eat a small Angus than half a Belgian Blue

tempest 05-20-2013 12:24 AM

I've heard about these cattle. And yes, from what I understood from the Doctor in the clip, the genes in these cattle are mutated so I guess it something like the genes from Impressive.

COWCHICK77 05-20-2013 12:26 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Just curious, what is the birth weight of their offspring?

Muppetgirl 05-20-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 (Post 2564826)
Just curious, what is the birth weight of their offspring?

I found this:

Belgian Blue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Breed issues [edit]

The neonatal calf is so large that Caesarean sections are routinely done.[1] Double-muscled cows also can experience dystocia, even when bred to normal beef bulls or dairy bulls, because of a narrower birth canal.[1] In addition to the dam’s reduced pelvic dimensions, the calf’s birth weight and width are increased, in turn making parturition harder.[4] The bull’s testicular weight and semen quantity and quality have been observed as reduced, however this seems to be less of an issue when compared to the dam's difficulties calving.[3]

COWCHICK I don't think these guys would be much fun to run up the fence hey?

Dreamcatcher Arabians 05-20-2013 12:41 AM

The bull’s testicular weight and semen quantity and quality have been observed as reduced, however this seems to be less of an issue when compared to the dam's difficulties calving.[3]

That was my first observation from looking at the video. They seemed to be errrrr lacking in the testicle development department. When looking for bulls to breed your heifer to, it's frequent to use testicle measurement for a gauge of fertility. They're grotesque! And I've seen QHs whose backsides looked at lot like 'em. UGH!

Muppetgirl 05-20-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians (Post 2564946)
The bullís testicular weight and semen quantity and quality have been observed as reduced, however this seems to be less of an issue when compared to the dam's difficulties calving.[3]

That was my first observation from looking at the video. They seemed to be errrrr lacking in the testicle development department. When looking for bulls to breed your heifer to, it's frequent to use testicle measurement for a gauge of fertility. They're grotesque! And I've seen QHs whose backsides looked at lot like 'em. UGH!

Haha I wasn't even looking 'there' although I think their butts were covering it all up!! Actually their rear-ends reminded me of those giant sows and boars you see on some farms!!!