The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   Green Coffee Bean?? (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/green-coffee-bean-197273/)

Critter sitter 05-21-2013 12:38 PM

Green Coffee Bean??

Have you heard of it?

What are your Thoughts?

Has anyone taken this and what has it done for you?

I just started yesterday And I already seem to be feeling better.

BornToRun 05-22-2013 08:39 AM

My mum works at a health store and sell this stuff non stop. She's tried it before, but didn't like it as much as the other weight loss supplements she was taking. Apparently the buyers who come back for more say it works great. I haven't tried it myself, I've never taken any sort of thing for weight loss, but it sounds like a lot of people really like it.

Freemare 05-22-2013 09:17 AM

I took it for a short time when I needed to lose a few pounds from winter. I did not like it much. It speeds up your heart rate so you burn calories However it makes you fell hot and strange. I just go for a long jog now.

Critter sitter 05-22-2013 03:35 PM

I have not felt the heart rate change ot the hot feeling. I just feel full alot faster and seem to not tire out as fast. not really a energy boost but I feel that I can go for longer my 2 mile walk has doubled and I am still not worn out.

Critter sitter 05-22-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 2586153)
My mum works at a health store and sell this stuff non stop. She's tried it before, but didn't like it as much as the other weight loss supplements she was taking. Apparently the buyers who come back for more say it works great. I haven't tried it myself, I've never taken any sort of thing for weight loss, but it sounds like a lot of people really like it.

what other supplements does she take?

BornToRun 05-22-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critter sitter (Post 2589681)
what other supplements does she take?

She was taking CLA by Precision, and now she's trying L - Carnitine. She's trying a lot of different stuff so that she can help customers, our cupboards are overflowing with vitamins and supplements!

BornToRun 05-22-2013 03:51 PM

Oh, I forgot, before she was using Six Pack!

Saddlebag 05-23-2013 12:47 PM

Try making kombucha tea. I find it very filling and it's only a couple of dollars to make a gallon. The best time to drink it is 4 oz. about 15 min before every meal. I don't know what's going on but almost as soon as I start eating I feel stuffed.

Critter sitter 05-24-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 2597985)
Try making kombucha tea. I find it very filling and it's only a couple of dollars to make a gallon. The best time to drink it is 4 oz. about 15 min before every meal. I don't know what's going on but almost as soon as I start eating I feel stuffed.

where do you get this stuff?

Saddlebag 05-24-2013 08:33 PM

Supermarkets now carry it but I bo't a SCOBY. It started out the size of my thumbnail and over 3 weeks grew to about 6". There are all kinds of web sites for making your own kombucha tea and how to add flavorings. You'll want a small supply of glass bottles for storing in the fridge while the next batch brews. Mine is quite tart as that's how I like it. The tea is very good for you, full of probiotics. The SCOBY kinda looks like rubbery whitish wet leather that floats on the surface. A new one will form underneath. When there are three, the oldest goes in the blender and a heaping tbsp. goes to each horses daily. If production gets ahead of me I'll throw a cupful in the bath water as it's like acv. Or use it to rinse my hair. The cost of a gallon is the price of 4 green teabags and a cup of sugar. That's about the price of one bottle of KT at the store.