The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Microsoft Office 2007's OneNote (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/microsoft-office-2007s-onenote-19813/)

mlkarel2010 12-27-2008 08:40 PM

Microsoft Office 2007's OneNote

I got Office 2007 Home and Student for my computer and it came with a program i've never heard of before called OneNote. So far I like it! It's a way to take notes using your computer! I'm planning on using it to convert my horse training and other horse binders into electronic documents.

If anyone else knows about or has used this program please share.

claireauriga 12-29-2008 03:27 PM

It's not much good for me - as a chemeng student my notes are far too full of equations and diagrams for a computer program to be beneficial for taking notes. Also, there's nowhere near enough room in our lecture theatres for a host of laptops.

OneNote isn't a big enough application to have earned the Ribbon, sadly. I really like the Ribbon, and I wish Outlook had it in more than just the email composition window.

I'm sure it can be useful and fun, but for me ... I don't use it.

Jehanzeb 12-30-2008 05:15 AM

Hello not sure what you mean by not getting the formulas and other things into Onenote? Onenote is a note taking software, I'd say import (download) symbols from the internet which you use and I am sure you will be able to use Onenote as you like.

Additionally, if you have a tablet pc or Smart phone, they have a feature of Ink Notes, meaning you can write things on the screen like you would do on a piece of paper. The tablet then saves those "images (Ink text)" into a note. You can print it, sync it with your pc/mobile and send it via email.

All in all, it all depends how do you use the software. :D

As far as I am concern I always use One note, infact all my horse riding lesson notes and amounts all are on it. I also use it for my business work :D

Regards

claireauriga 12-30-2008 08:14 AM

I have a graphics tablet. It's utterly useless for actually taking notes in a speedy and accurate manner :P If I had a touchscreen laptop it might be different, but not really. Pen and paper are far better for writing equations and drawing diagrams than a touchscreen/tablet option.

I can't write formulae the way I can in Word - can I say just how much I love the integrated equation editor? It's also much faster to write an equation by hand than in Word, even when you use d_e h^0_273 and so on.

I use a lot of maths, everything from standard equations (e.g. Re = ρud/ ) to complicated derivations. OneNote simply is not capable of keeping up with my needs.

Jehanzeb 01-05-2009 06:24 AM

I agree that some tablets aren't that good however some software which are shipped with them aren't that good either.

In my opinion it is the software which is the issue and not the hardware. Give 3 more years to the technocrats and I am sure they'll come up with something which could be as good as pen and paper :D

Regards