The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Riding English in a Cutback Saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/riding-english-cutback-saddle-198345/)

horseknowitall1 05-22-2013 08:59 PM

Riding English in a Cutback Saddle

Hi. I posted this question in another Form but I would like more opinions on my question.
Question:
Could I ride English in a Cutback Saddle? To rephrase, Could I ride with my legs down farther and more in the front of the saddle Unlike what they do when riding Saddle Seat in a Cutback Saddle?
History of Question:
I am a Teen aged Rider who was trained and taught how to ride in an Western Saddle. With my old riding instructor I was transitioning to English and more towards Dressage. But, my riding instituter was kicked in the knee 4 months ago and I have not been able to get a hold of her since. So, I started to go to my friends Stables to get my horse fix, but the thing is that they only do saddle seat. I live in the Suburbs and I really don't have any other choice on where I ride. Could I do this?
Thanks For Reading!!:D

Skyseternalangel 05-22-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseknowitall1 (Post 2592489)
Hi. I posted this question in another Form but I would like more opinions on my question.
Question:
Could I ride English in a Cutback Saddle? To rephrase, Could I ride with my legs down farther and more in the front of the saddle Unlike what they do when riding Saddle Seat in a Cutback Saddle?
History of Question:
I am a Teen aged Rider who was trained and taught how to ride in an Western Saddle. With my old riding instructor I was transitioning to English and more towards Dressage. But, my riding instituter was kicked in the knee 4 months ago and I have not been able to get a hold of her since. So, I started to go to my friends Stables to get my horse fix, but the thing is that they only do saddle seat. I live in the Suburbs and I really don't have any other choice on where I ride. Could I do this?
Thanks For Reading!!:D

Okay thanks for the background information. Yes you can but depending on what type of english you are going after, there are going to be limitations.

horseknowitall1 05-22-2013 10:13 PM

I really just want to do plain english riding. It is just my back is not strong enought to do saddle seat because of there archedish backs. But I dont plan to show or any thing. Just to ride plain english. Would i still be fine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 2592617)
Okay thanks for the background information. Yes you can but depending on what type of english you are going after, there are going to be limitations.

Skyseternalangel 05-22-2013 10:21 PM

You will be fine, but things may be harder due to the position that type of saddle puts you in.

As long as you're comfortable and have fun :-)

horseknowitall1 05-22-2013 10:24 PM

Thanks. You really helped me. And I will:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 2593305)
You will be fine, but things may be harder due to the position that type of saddle puts you in.

As long as you're comfortable and have fun :-)