The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Weird Horse Behavior (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/weird-horse-behavior-19840/)

CowPony 12-28-2008 03:39 PM

Weird Horse Behavior

I recently knoticed something weird that my horse does. When I went in her stall the other day to make sure she still had water, my horse started backing up torwards me and I pushed her butt away and she did it again. I don't know what she's doing but she will come at me with her butt and she's not aggressive about it she just backs up to me and lowers her head and just stands there, and after about the third time I push her butt away, she will turn around face me and lower her head so I can pet her face. But I have never heard of a horse doing this before. It's not like anything bad but it's just strange does anyone know what this is?

mayfieldk 12-28-2008 03:58 PM

She's probably in heat, lol!

CowPony 12-28-2008 04:21 PM

omg haha I just thought it was so weird, I would have to push her butt out of the way to get out of the stall!

appylover31803 12-28-2008 04:23 PM

Montana did this to be soon after I got him, but it was out in the pasture with a few other horses. At first i was like "OMG please don't kick me" and I pushed his butt away and then moved away. But he did it again.. and again. So finally I just started scratching his bum and it seems that all he wanted.

xilikeggs0 12-28-2008 05:11 PM

Yea, she probably just wants her butt scratched.

Snowyowl 12-28-2008 09:25 PM

butt end first

I have a horse that likes his butt scratched too. I don't trust him though cause he has kick at me before when I shood him off. He walks pass me till I'm at his butt then stops. I push him away and move to his head. I'm sure he likes it but I don't. I rather hug his head then his butt.:lol:

LauraB 12-28-2008 09:31 PM

I had a pony who would back right up to my chest to get a butt scratch. It was friendly non agressive behavior.

Jdun722 12-29-2008 05:21 PM

She wants her butt scratched haha :)