The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Grooming Halter (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/grooming-halter-19974/)

StormyBlues 12-31-2008 01:45 PM

Grooming Halter

Anyone on here use a groomin halter? I am thinking about getting one.

Angel_Leaguer 12-31-2008 02:00 PM

Are you talking the ones where the throatlatch can unhook to clip under the chin and the throat latch area?

I have those halters and love them. I dont have to take the halter all of the way off then to trim there which is nice.

satrider 12-31-2008 02:04 PM

I don't realy know which halter you are talking about. grooming halter- did not know there was such a thing.

My2Geldings 12-31-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satrider (Post 220261)
I don't realy know which halter you are talking about. grooming halter- did not know there was such a thing.

Agreed. The only halters I use also have the latch at the throatlatch which help prevent me from undoing the halter at the actual buckle so I can slide the halter on and off. I'm assuming thats what she means as well.

StormyBlues 12-31-2008 03:28 PM

Sorry, all of you are extemly off. a grooming halter is a halter that only has a noseband and it goes behind the ears. here is one from Dover - Dover Pro Grooming Halter - Dover Saddlery

My2Geldings 12-31-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 220336)
Sorry, all of you are extemly off. a grooming halter is a halter that only has a noseband and it goes behind the ears. here is one from Dover - Dover Pro Grooming Halter - Dover Saddlery

I have never seen these. i don't understand the purpose of them as they look exactly the same minus the throatlatch (spelling) section and I don't understand the legitimacy of pricing it so high for what it is. If you spend the same amount of money on a leather halter with the latchm you will be getting the exact same thing except you can actually use the thing.

also

Are you supposed to take the halter off to put this on for grooming? then take it off when done to put the halter back on?? way more work than needed. I couldn't see myself using this grooming halter to catch my horse and shortcut using a regular halter when bringing him in.

Save yourself the money and buy an actual halter.

StormyBlues 12-31-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 220351)
I have never seen these. i don't understand the purpose of them as they look exactly the same minus the throatlatch (spelling) section and I don't understand the legitimacy of pricing it so high for what it is. If you spend the same amount of money on a leather halter with the latchm you will be getting the exact same thing except you can actually use the thing.

also

Are you supposed to take the halter off to put this on for grooming? then take it off when done to put the halter back on?? way more work than needed. I couldn't see myself using this grooming halter to catch my horse and shortcut using a regular halter when bringing him in.

Save yourself the money and buy an actual halter.

The use is for when you are grooming for a show, and you need to clip it is easier than useing a real halter and having to take it off to clip, because the bottom of this can be undone. And also it is easier to groom and brush the face. it is more for comperetors who are showing regualrly, because all of the O'Conner event team members have them.

My2Geldings 12-31-2008 07:20 PM

Oh I understood the I
Idea begin the use if them. My response was a sarcastic one regaring their actual purpose. I still stand by my first post. Nothing personal to you but to the thread :)

StormyBlues 12-31-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 220471)
Oh I understood the I
Idea begin the use if them. My response was a sarcastic one regaring their actual purpose. I still stand by my first post. Nothing personal to you but to the thread :)

Ok, I think i might try to get one, but i think i might get some SJ boots first! LOL:D :shock:I LOVE this dude!

kershkova 01-01-2009 07:50 PM

They also have them at smart pake equine. I now some people who have them. I might get one after i get a new normal halter for outlaw because he out grew his I want to the padded lami-cell one from state line tack.