The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Starting to help out? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/starting-help-out-19984/)

horseyloon 12-31-2008 05:02 PM

Starting to help out?

Hi im hollie,
Im going to start helping someone with there horse in return for rides...
I know quite a lot about grooming and hay and stuff but not that much about mucking out and other stuff....

Please sne dlinks and tips

ASAP please!:?:shock::lol::D:?:-):-o:-|:-(:?:-x:evil::cry::twisted::oops::wink:

kershkova 12-31-2008 05:18 PM

Welcome to the fourm!!!!!!!!! and by the way im Zoe !!!!!!! Sence your just going to be starting to help I would see if you could get the horses routines posted on the stalls and have the owner put up the vet number in case one of the horses gets hurt. Muking out is not that hard once you get the hang of it you should ask some one to show you so you dont have problems to break. Can you please tell me what other stuff you need help on and any thing I mised about muking Out. Also are you riding english or western?

StormyBlues 12-31-2008 06:36 PM

Well, have the owner show you around and show you everything that you will need, and show you how to dump the menure properly in the muck pile. Have her show you how the horse likes to be groomed, because some horses like a hard curry, and some just like a gentle brushing. And I agree to have the vet number outside the stalls.

kershkova 12-31-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by:StormyBlues I agree to have the vet number outside the stalls.
Yhea you never know when a horse can colic or get hurt.. Also feed mesure ments should be posted outside stalls.

StormyBlues 12-31-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kershkova (Post 220535)
Yhea you never know when a horse can colic or get hurt.. Also feed mesure ments should be posted outside stalls.

DEF! And also any allergies, cause that can be horrific!

horseyloon 01-01-2009 07:31 AM

Thanks so much everyone!

StormyBlues 01-01-2009 09:56 AM

NP! post pics of the horses if you can!

horseyloon 01-01-2009 01:57 PM

will do