The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Cowboy music (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/cowboy-music-200513/)

Fort fireman 05-26-2013 01:34 PM

Cowboy music

This is my new favorite cowboy singer. His name is Dave Stamey

Phly 05-26-2013 02:46 PM

Heck yeah!!! Liked both songs a lot!
Posted via Mobile Device

Horse racer 05-26-2013 07:20 PM

I like his music too. He does horseback pack tours in California that take you through old ghost towns like Bodie and Aurora. And he sings and plays his guitar around the campfire for the group. The company is called Mammoth Lakes Pack Outfit. I'd love to go! I think Western Horseman magazine had an article about it a while back.

TBforever 06-03-2013 03:35 AM

deserthorsewoman 06-03-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fort fireman (Post 2620457)

This song is on the first part of a DVD series called Vaquero. Found it in my feedstore. Pretty interesting video about the vaquero tradition, and current ranches where they still ride and work. Feature-length documentaries about vaqueros, buckaroos, Texas cowpunchers, Hawiian Paniolo, and cowboys throughout the West.

Fort fireman 06-03-2013 08:06 AM

I've seen the series advertised. i'd like to see it, it looks pretty good. What feed store was it? maybe we have it in NC.

deserthorsewoman 06-03-2013 10:41 AM

Rancher's Feed...it's a "chain" but could be local.
I have the first and the fifth of the series, very interesting, the stuff you just watch all the way through, in awe;-)
#5, Los Primeros, is about the Spanish vaqueros and Mexican charros, gave me a whole new point of view on the latter...well worth the money.
It's not so much about training, rather history, very interesting IMO

Fort fireman 06-03-2013 11:56 AM

Sound cool but I don't think we have any of those around here. I may have to order those online.

deserthorsewoman 06-03-2013 12:36 PM

I will order the missing one's, too. Doesn't look like the store will have them anytime soon. Price is the same. Let me know what you think of them:-)

Fort fireman 06-27-2013 01:55 PM

I finally got the first one of the set. It was called tapadero. Pretty got video. I like the combination of history and present . Ill order the remuda video and the Houlihan video in a little bit. I think those will be pretty good. I'm pretty interested I. The houlihan video. It covers the Montana , Wyoming stuff. That's where my wife is from.