The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   kinda freaking out over here (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/kinda-freaking-out-over-here-200649/)

Samstead 05-26-2013 05:21 PM

kinda freaking out over here

so there's this guy and last night we were talking about relationships and how I have really high standards and once it was established the he met all of them and I was single he asked if he could ask me out and then said he wanted to pray about it, fine that's good 'd rather you were sure of your feelings before we get into anything but it seemed a bit odd to ask first then pray. SO. Talking to him again today and he asks me about my French skills and then says "Je t'aime" which translate to I like/love you" and....yeah that's about it. He's totally someone I can see myself dating and I've had my suspicions for a while now cause he did't talk to other girls as much as he talks to me and asked me to sit with him during chapel.

boots 05-27-2013 07:34 AM

I think dating someone should be on a casual basis in the beginning. Doing things together that you would do with a friend or group of friends.

IF you enjoy being in this guy's company, spend some time with him. If not, don't. If you get to know him better and then don't like being in his company, stop.

Samstead 05-27-2013 08:03 PM

thanks, we've talked more, causally and are making plans to hang out soon. I ended up telling him I like him to, cause I do and....yeah not a lot of developments yet

Skyseternalangel 05-27-2013 11:26 PM

Umm....good luck with that. It sounds a bit strange to me but I don't know the entire story

Samstead 05-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 2633913)
Umm....good luck with that. It sounds a bit strange to me but I don't know the entire story

well HE'S a bit strange (I mean that in a good way) but I also suck at explaining things so that might be part of it

morganarab94 05-30-2013 01:54 PM

Well me and my boyfriend (now) hung out and talked for like 2 months before we became official....he also said he wanted to pray about it first. (we're also both very religious people). So basically I would just keep hanging out and see where it goes. Goodluck :)

texasgal 05-30-2013 01:59 PM

How sweet .... it sounds like you like him. Wishing you the best.

gypsygirl 05-30-2013 02:34 PM

i would just go for it and see what happens !

Samstead 05-31-2013 01:26 AM

did I mention this would be my first relationship? cause it would be...also my first date, it's not like I haven't been asked out I'm just really picky and usually know if I'd date someone within a few minutes of talking with them

texasgal 05-31-2013 09:45 AM

A very wise person once told me to never date someone that I wouldn't consider marrying ... because you can't help who you fall in love with.

It sounds like you both are careful and prayerful about it ..