The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   CALLING ALL EVENT RIDERS! Dressage question!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/calling-all-event-riders-dressage-question-20071/)

StormyBlues 01-03-2009 10:32 PM

CALLING ALL EVENT RIDERS! Dressage question!!!!

Ok, well I am going to start eventing this year, and have been reading the dressage tests! It says that "all trot work is to be done at the rising trot", but I feel more secure in the sitting trot in my Dressage saddle(Wintec Pro). I am going to ask my trainer, but do you think it would be against the rules to do a sitting trot? I am VERY secure, i don't flop around.

Spastic_Dove 01-03-2009 10:46 PM

No, I'm pretty sure you will have to do the rising trot. Some tests they will ask you to do a sitting trot though.

danastark 01-03-2009 10:47 PM

If the test indicates rising trot, then that is what you must do unless you are riding for schooling purposes only and don't care about your score. Which tests are you going to be riding?

StormyBlues 01-04-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danastark (Post 221333)
If the test indicates rising trot, then that is what you must do unless you are riding for schooling purposes only and don't care about your score. Which tests are you going to be riding?

darn it! lol Begginer Novice

danastark 01-04-2009 03:35 PM

That's the walk trot A and B, right? I think because it is more for the beginner horse just learning to go forward and not worrying about being collected, rounded and such that they have you do rising trot. The judge is looking at the horse's ability to move forward willingly at good basic gaits. Goodluck!

StormyBlues 01-04-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danastark (Post 221679)
That's the walk trot A and B, right? I think because it is more for the beginner horse just learning to go forward and not worrying about being collected, rounded and such that they have you do rising trot. The judge is looking at the horse's ability to move forward willingly at good basic gaits. Goodluck!

No, it is walk trot, canter, lose walk. It is Beginner Novice not Green as Grass! lol I can jump 2'6" I don't need to do a GAG. omg that spells gag! LOL

LizAndCollin101 01-05-2009 06:45 PM

If your test says all trot work must be done rising then that is what you are to do.
Its like when it says on your test paper "Must be ridden in a ordianary snaffle bit" You must ride in that.
Sometimes however it will say Sitting or rising trot optional then you are free to ride sitting or rising.

StormyBlues 01-05-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizAndCollin101 (Post 222566)
If your test says all trot work must be done rising then that is what you are to do.
Its like when it says on your test paper "Must be ridden in a ordianary snaffle bit" You must ride in that.
Sometimes however it will say Sitting or rising trot optional then you are free to ride sitting or rising.

I wish they made an all sitting trot test. i like sitting better!