The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Intro test A clarification please (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/intro-test-clarification-please-201241/)

baj4791 05-27-2013 03:35 PM

Intro test A clarification please

I am new to riding dressage patterns and will be riding my first intro test in a couple of weeks. I need clarification on what "medium walk between X & C" means. Does it mean to start the walk at X through to C or to start the walk in the middle of X and C. Any answers would be helpful. Thanks!

tinyliny 05-27-2013 03:39 PM

It means you do the medium walk from X to C, all the way.

Oh I just realized that it kind of depends on what you are doing prior to that. Like, if you are trotting from H to X , or something like that, and the next thing is "between X and C, medium walk", then that would mean to change to a medium walk between those two numbers.

Golden Horse 05-27-2013 03:46 PM

LOL, don't know the test that you are looking at there, but it can mean either, I would want context to be sure.

The way that you have written it, it could be part of an instruction that followed say, medium trot, turn down centre line at A, then "medium walk between X & C" would mean transition between the letters.

It is more likely though to be as Tiny says, walk all the way from X, to C.

baj4791 05-27-2013 04:11 PM

It is intro test A from the USDF. The direction is

1. A Enter working trot rising

Between X & C Medium walk

2. C Track right
M Working trot rising

and so on. I am confused as to when I should start the medium walk. At X or between the two letters.

Thanks for the replies so far. :-)

Golden Horse 05-27-2013 04:40 PM

Ok, got it now, it is somewhere between the two, so after you have passed through X make your downward transition, to medium walk, there isn't a target spot, although you will find it easier if you make a definite spot in mind.

Just make sure you are walking BEFORE you reach C,

cakemom 05-27-2013 05:00 PM

It's up to you, just make sure you don't do it all of a sudden, you want a clean transition but not abrupt. And enough time after your transition to make your next transition at C.
Posted via Mobile Device

Golden Horse 05-27-2013 05:11 PM

Cakemom, there is no transition at C, just the turn, the next pace transition is at M, :wink:

cakemom 05-27-2013 05:26 PM

I meant the turn, shouldn't have called it a transition. Just don't want to muddy your turn. Be to your walk my then and prepared
Posted via Mobile Device