The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   New to Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/)
-   -   Great article on buying a horse (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/great-article-buying-horse-201281/)

CatrinaB87 05-27-2013 04:19 PM

Great article on buying a horse

This was posted by a page I follow on facebook, and I felt like I should share it!

5 Tips for Buying a Horse - Barnmice Equestrian Social Community

Palomine 05-28-2013 10:26 AM

Has some good points all but the "click" you should feel.

You will not have to have that to have a great horse. And you may not feel it for several months either, even if you do find it.

If you can find a horse that suits your skill level, behaves, and is easy to get along with, or shows well? That is more important than click should be.

And way too many people fall into the click idea, and end up with a horse that is not suitable for them.

CatrinaB87 05-28-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palomine (Post 2636241)
Has some good points all but the "click" you should feel.

You will not have to have that to have a great horse. And you may not feel it for several months either, even if you do find it.

If you can find a horse that suits your skill level, behaves, and is easy to get along with, or shows well? That is more important than click should be.

And way too many people fall into the click idea, and end up with a horse that is not suitable for them.

Point well made! I am very lucky that my horse and I have that :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Corporal 05-28-2013 04:41 PM

Like I've said: Horses and people are emotional.
It's either a romance novel
or
a horror story.
I haven't "clicked" with more than one horse that I've owned. I bought what I thought was the best horse at the time. AND, I've bought the wrong horse some of the time.
I agree to take someone who isn't emotionally invested in your purchase and really listen to their advice.

cameron23finley 05-30-2013 02:40 AM

Thank your for sharing this. I've been wanting to buy one. Any good recommendations?