The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Almost year, it doesn't get any easier?:( (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/almost-year-doesnt-get-any-easier-201681/)

Princess42 05-28-2013 08:39 AM

Almost year, it doesn't get any easier?:(

As some of you might know I posted Sonnys story here a while ago. Tomorrow will be a year since Sonnys death and it just doesn't seem real. I feel like no matter what I do I'll never be able to give enough back to him after everything he did for me.
When I found this forum after Sonny died it was like all the weight of his death was lifted off my shoulders because I could talk to people who had gone through what I am going through. You guys have shown me so much support through the tough times and I just want to thank you all for your kind words. I couldn't have dealt with his death like I have without you guys. You showed me its alright to get upset and tell people how you feel. I don't know if ill ever get over what happened but with the support you guys have shown me it really does help me get through the hard days
It's so wonderful how just a few kind words can make everything ok and feel better.
Life will never be the same without Sonny here and I dread tomorrow as its going to be so hard to get through. He showed me to never give up and I wish I could see him just one more time to thank him for everything. After Sonnys death I was so close to never riding a horse again but I realised Sonny wouldn't want it that way and that by doing that it was never going to make him come back. Sometimes I walk down to his field expecting him to be there and it hurts to be brought back to the harsh reality that he's not there. But I know his memory will always be a part of me.
I just want to say thanks everyone for your kind words and support throughout theses hard times. You really have helped me through.
And Sonny I love you with all my heart and will never forget you!
Ill always love you and you will always be a part of me
Than you for everything my baby boy I hope your happy up in horsey heaven!
Ill never forget you!
I Love You Sonny!<3
R.I.P Sonny D

Dreamcatcher5 06-04-2013 06:47 PM

I am sure Sonny would be proud of you for not giving up riding. I can't bear to think what life would be like if my gelding died. :-( I don't really know what it feels like to lose an animal, my rabbit died of old age when I was a little kid, so I can't remember much.
But still, I'm very sorry for your loss and I really can't imagine the sadness you had to go through. But at least Sonny is in horsey heaven now, free and happy. Maybe you'll even meet again one day. Somehow...

Princess42 06-06-2013 01:41 PM

Thanks DreamCatcher5 for your lovely comment, nice comments and support like this really do help, maybe one day I will meet Sonny again somehow... I'm just glad he can now be happy in horsey heaven and not in pain, thank you again for your lovely comment x
Princess42 x
Posted via Mobile Device

natisha 06-06-2013 02:00 PM

It's been years since I lost my mare & I still think of her every day, sometimes when there is no real reason to be thinking of her, like while pumping gas.
Those strange times used to leave me feeling sad but now I really do believe they are her stopping in to say "HI". So when she pops in I give a a little smile & say Hi back.
We never get used to them being gone but we do get used to them not being here, if that makes any sense at all.

The hole they leave in our hearts never fills in all the way but it does callous over with time. Your heart is still bleeding a bit, that's expected.

If he hasn't come to you in a dream yet, he will & that will be your turning point if you allow it.

Princess42 06-07-2013 03:24 PM

Thank you for your lovely comment, I miss him so much and I do talk to him at night and sometimes in the day, I've had dreams about him and I'm sure he is watching over me:)
Thanks again for your lovely comment
Princess42 x
Posted via Mobile Device

Jore 06-07-2013 09:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss and that you're still feeling so much pain.

I lost Indie nearly seven months ago and I still miss her more than words can describe. I always think of her at the randomest of times, and it takes a lot to not get teary eyed.

Northernstar 06-07-2013 09:51 PM

My heart goes out to you, Princess42, as I love my two girls so very much....I cannot imagine your pain, but know that someday Star and Laney will leave me. Lord willing, not for a long, long time, but we never can predict. It sounds as if your boy was so special and precious! What a blessing are these times and memories are that we make with our horses which is something money could never buy... smile through your tears and remember all those special moments :)

Princess42 06-08-2013 06:50 AM

Thank you for your lovely comments and support guys!:)
I will always miss you Sonny and I will never forget you
You left hoof prints on my heart and they will be there forever
You were one of a kind and so precious to me
One day when the tears dry up and everything becomes clear I know you will be waiting up in the sky for me to come and stay with you forever
Nothing could ever change the love I have for you
And our love will last forever no matter where each of us end up
I know that when I'm an old lady you will come back for me and take me up to the sky to stay with you forever.
You taught me so much and thank you for everything
Gone but NEVER forgotten!
Love you so much Sonny
See you again soon my Angel
Love you
Sonny<3
R.I.P Sonny D<3

michaelvanessa 06-12-2013 05:51 PM

loss of a dear frend.

it does not get easer but we carry on in some way shape or form.
as cw mc call said memorys are like star light thay go on forever.
and only fade when we do.

Bagheera 06-13-2013 01:49 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. My horse Bagheera passed away not long ago either. It's hard to think of him without crying, he meant the world to me. I keep the memories close though because like your Sonny, these horses teach us to open our hearts and how to love unconditionally. Hold your memories close and remember that the lessons they taught us will continue to teach us as the years go on. And even though they are gone, we can always find them again in our hearts.