The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Writing (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/writing-20176/)

TaMMa89 01-05-2009 04:17 PM

Writing

Does anyone here write stories, poems or something like that? What kind of stuff do you write?

I made this topic because I write. Actually I've still never noticed writing as my hobby because I don't write so much or actively and many of my pontential longer stories have faded away soon after I've started. Now I try to be a little more active because seems that I really manage to write a longer story (this story is almost 50 typewriting pages at the moment ad I feel that I can write at least next 50 pages more...). I've also written some poems.

Jehanzeb 01-06-2009 09:18 AM

I use to write poems, was very good poet in my school days. Infact I was the best in acting/dancing and poetry. I remember I use to write poems for my assistant principal.:D. It was great fun however since I started University I stopped writing due to too much work.

What kind of writing do you do?

Regards

wanderlust 01-06-2009 11:50 AM

I write. I have attempted 3 novels and 2 screenplays. I also used to do articles, but the pay was abysmal.

farmpony84 01-06-2009 12:40 PM

I do... at least... I attempt to... I have a couple starts under horse stories but I get stuck and then I quit or start over.... I really would like to write a book someday...

TaMMa89 01-06-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jehanzeb (Post 223185)
What kind of writing do you do?

At the moment I'm writing fantasy (the 50 pages story that I told). I don't know which type of literature (novella, novel etc..) it is because I don't remember differences between different types. I've studied those types when I was in comprehensive school but I don't remember them anymore. Actually I would rather write about "normal life" than fantasy but I've tried and realized that I should do a pretty huge background work if I wanted write about things that I want. If I did a writing with my current knowledge about life it would be pretty boring.. :wink: And I don't want to do a huge background work and then notice that I lost my interest and can't write the story. After I start my fantasy story I also noticed that it's really fun to invent everything without limits of "true life".

As to my poems, them deal with horses.

I really agree with you farmpony. I would like to write a book someday too...

Cat 01-06-2009 06:07 PM

I write novels. I completed one for the National Novel Writers Month competition that happened in November and it is in the editing stage. Its the first non-fantasy I have worked on, though it is fictional. My other novels are still on the first rough-draft stage and are fantasy novels.

Jehanzeb 01-07-2009 06:03 AM

50 pages - thats about a book already! haha. It wouldn't be fantasy but what about writing things you faced in your life time instead of writing on your life. Let me tell you, real life stories are never boring and infact work out much better then little fantasy world which people read once and keep it aside. :D

I am thinking of not writing but compiling all my 19 dvds which we made during University time into a movie (story).:D

Regards

TaMMa89 01-07-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jehanzeb (Post 224003)
50 pages - thats about a book already! haha. It wouldn't be fantasy but what about writing things you faced in your life time instead of writing on your life. Let me tell you, real life stories are never boring and infact work out much better then little fantasy world which people read once and keep it aside. :D

I am thinking of not writing but compiling all my 19 dvds which we made during University time into a movie (story).:D

Regards

I think that writing about things that I've faced in my life would be... hmm... too intimacy (I'm pretty emotional person who don't want write about events of her life). But thanks for a good idea :D

Jehanzeb 01-08-2009 06:08 AM

no problemo however I am sure you wouldn't name yourself as in the book however writing upon your own self experiences is what makes a person look at their past life and learn lessons from it. There are some happy moments, some sad and some embarrassing, that is what life is. Putting them into words makes it more interesting, as the reader who is reading it has not a foggiest clue.

However saying that, One wouldn't mind reading your fantasy books either as they will reflect your personality and in some cases people express their experiences through fantasies. That's what makes people (writers) different from each other. :D

Regards

TaMMa89 01-08-2009 04:55 PM

That's true. And I've noticed that I tend to use my experiences and feelings that they've arisen when I write and I want to portray something very strongly despite the fact that I don't write about my life.

So now we could become philosophical and ask that isn't it true that everything that you write describes you, your experiences and your picture of the world? :wink: