The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Any equine related scars? (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/any-equine-related-scars-202081/)

BugABooStreak 05-28-2013 06:09 PM

Any equine related scars?

So who out there has some horse related scars? I have two, one on my left shoulder, and now one on my left wrist. Both surgery scars from repaired fractures. Just out of a curiosity (and to reassure myself I'm not alone lol) who else has permanent badges of equine dedication?

BarrelracingArabian 05-28-2013 06:19 PM

Mine are finally fading but I have two on my shoulders from being thrown. I always tuck and roll, well I tuck and rolled right into bushes, dead sticks and sand. I had deep gashes across both shoulders from it. Thankfully no surgeries for me yet haha.

Honeysuga 05-28-2013 06:26 PM

I definitely bear the scars of my passion, haha.

I have scars around my palms and between my thumbs and pointer fingers from my first lesson with why you dont use nylon lead ropes. I had the skin of both palms burned and partially torn off when my mare flew backward out of a trailer completely unexpectedly.

My helmet has scars from a hoof and a bunch of sharp rocks that would have been my head after a bad fall. Im so happy I wore a helmet that day.

I have internal scars too! Lol I have a crooked tailbone from falling off when I was little and a couple funky spots on my ribs where they were cracked after a horrible fall.

corgi 05-28-2013 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I ended up with a strange scar from being bucked off a green horse into the round pen fence. After it happened, I was more worried about the bruising than what I thought was just a scrape but it has been two years and the scar from that "scrape" is very noticeable. It looks like my forearm is permanently dirty and is not attractive at all. :cry:

All in all, it could have been worse!

waresbear 05-28-2013 06:51 PM

I just checked, it's gone!!! I used to have a slight dent at the top of my thigh from a kick many years ago, other than that, nothing that didn't heal up & not leave a mark, yay.

waresbear 05-28-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corgi (Post 2641713)
I ended up with a strange scar from being bucked off a green horse into the round pen fence. After it happened, I was more worried about the bruising than what I thought was just a scrape but it has been two years and the scar from that "scrape" is very noticeable. It looks like my forearm is permanently dirty and is not attractive at all. :cry:

All in all, it could have been worse!

It's a pretty color:lol:! Don't worry, that one will fade pretty easily.

Honeysuga 05-28-2013 07:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my poor helmet, I have kept if years after it saved my life.

From a rock.
Attachment 199145

You can see the indent of the hoof in the middle of the helmet.
Attachment 199169

corgi 05-28-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2641873)
It's a pretty color:lol:! Don't worry, that one will fade pretty easily.

I had a tie-dyed look for a while. I tried to wear shirts that complimented my new "colors" . LOL

steff 05-28-2013 07:51 PM

I have surgery scar left arm both sides snapped my arm in half and my right wrist isn't scared so much is deformed from where I shattered the top of my radius into my wrist bones it had to be pulled/manipulated while I was put out now have a big lump on the right side of that wrist..

JustWingIt 05-28-2013 09:37 PM

A few years ago I was kicked by the brattiest, snottiest, little demon hafflinger pony ever (can you tell I was not a fan of this pony). Well pony (named Thumper, anyone else think that's ironic?) packed quite a punch and I was at optimal kicking range as he swung right around before I knew what was happening. He got me right in my side, just above my hip bone, and partially on my forearm as I had my arm on my side.

Stinking pony left me with a massive hematoma in my side (about the size of a dollar bill) it's no longer hard, but still faintly discolored. Also, small dot scars on my arm from where the nails on his shoe put holes in the muscle.

Did I mention I'm not a huge fan of Thumper? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device