The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/)
-   -   I tried to like Parelli, I really did. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/i-tried-like-parelli-i-really-202849/)

palogal 05-29-2013 09:29 PM

I tried to like Parelli, I really did.

Truly, I watch any trainer I can find on RFD and I always find something I can use, no matter how small. There's always something.
Until Pat Parelli and Linda. I've never found anything usable.

So I tried again today. I watched their show and I SEARCHED for something usable....nothing. I wanted to like it, I wanted to find something that wasn't completely BS. <sigh> I guess I'm a Parelli hater.

waresbear 05-29-2013 09:46 PM

Player Hater8-)!

Delfina 05-29-2013 09:48 PM

You can find something useful by watching them..... a what NOT to do with your horse if nothing else...

palogal 05-29-2013 09:53 PM

Ain't that the truth.

COWCHICK77 05-29-2013 11:49 PM

50 Attachment(s)
I don't blame you...I can't either. It's a hard pill to swallow.

I was talking to a friends wife who is getting into horses and doesn't know a whole lot but is wanting to learn right, she took a couple of lessons from a "Parelli trainer" and told me she thought it was ridiculous. She has moved onto a dressage coach.

Jennakaaate 05-30-2013 02:48 AM

I did the same thing. I wanted to find something to like about them. The only thing I could find was "Uhm, weeeelll..They have an interest in horses, too. I guess."
I think that I laughed too hard at the ferret on his face, so I couldn't really take him seriously. :D

morganarab94 05-30-2013 03:59 PM

Amen to that.

jaydee 05-30-2013 04:07 PM

I don't know why but certain 'trainers' (like the Parelli's) just tick me off and even if they do have something valuable to say amongst the dross I struggle to get past the irritation feeling they give me so I have to walk away

gypsygirl 05-30-2013 04:16 PM

I do feel that some can be learned for pat, linda on the other hand.....

usandpets 05-30-2013 04:22 PM

I have nothing against Pat or Linda. I do however dislike their philosophy behind their training. The introvert, extrovert, right, left brain BS. I just don't get it.

Their overall training really isn't much different than others. Most use the same techniques.

Occasionally I do use one or more of their seven games. The yo-yo game is good to help get the horse lighter with giving to pressure on the poll.
Posted via Mobile Device