The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Confo for Appy (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/confo-appy-203001/)

MiniMom24 05-30-2013 01:49 AM

Confo for Appy

1 Attachment(s)
Annie, is a soon to be 10 year old. How is her confo? I only use her for my pleasure, but I am curious how she pans out. Can you tell how she rides by her confo?

MiniMom24 05-30-2013 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry. iPad will only let me add one pic at a time.

MiniMom24 05-30-2013 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another

MiniMom24 05-30-2013 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
last one

soenjer55 05-30-2013 02:23 AM

I like her! Her pasterns look to be straight, but they're also nice and short. Her front legs are nice and straight, as it seems with her hocks, with short canons in the front. Her shoulder seems to be more on the straight side, although in some of the pictures it looks okay, so I won't pass judgement there. Her back looks to be long, but her hip is lovely. Her neck seems to have a good length to it with a higher set. Overall, although she has slight imperfections, she seems to be very well balanced in her body and put together nicely- all her parts fit. Her bone looks to be decent and I would say that she is slightly downhill to level.
And of course, the disclaimer... I am still very much a conformation amateur, so there is a decent chance that I'm wrong. I can't wait to see what everyone else has to say about your lovely mare, though- I really do think she's a lovely, sturdy-looking little horse!

tinyliny 05-30-2013 03:54 AM

she is a fine example of how well built for general riding purposes the Appalousa horse can be . she has , what I call, the "Subaru of horses" build, meaning, drives well, rarely breaks down, looks pretty nice and has all wheel drive to get you where you want to go.
Her back IS long, but as said, her hip is angled so well, sized well (not as big as a QH type, tho) her neck is long and counter balances the longish back, and shoulder is neither upright nor laid back . pasterns are short enough to be strong, but are not posty and are correctly angled. I bet she rides real comfortable for you and I bet she would throw a really cute baby, not that I am suggesting you breed her. even her face is feminine and appealing. better hold on tight to her leadrope!

MiniMom24 05-30-2013 10:55 AM

Thanks All. She is a very big girl and her shoulders are very wide and massive. 8" Gullet Full QH bar saddle. Her back is very wide and she's a dream to bareback. She is a bit choppy when riding faster speeds but she has some massive speed to her. She's a pretty calm and happy little girl. I'll be holding on tight to her for my own keeping. I won't be breeding her, although I have been asked to, it's not my interest. :-)

Elana 05-30-2013 11:57 AM

The only real fault I see is her overly long back and coupling. Nice horse. Should get you where you want to go.