The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   If you won the lottery... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/if-you-won-lottery-20378/)

LauraB 01-07-2009 11:10 AM

If you won the lottery...

If you won the lottery (assuming you want to spend some $ on your habit) what horse would you buy?

Vidaloco 01-07-2009 11:18 AM

I don't think I would get another horse. I would have the ones I own living and traveling in high style though:wink:

farmpony84 01-07-2009 11:23 AM

I would take Riley to the finest trainer in all the land... and then i would buy that new bates I want...and get myself a new living quarters trailer... and a golfcart to drive at the shows... and I would have my arena put in... and then I would spend some money on the boys... buy them video games and stuff so they will come to ALL my shows.....

Colorado Dobes 01-07-2009 11:38 AM

There is a palomino mare who is a Firewater Flit on her papers, and I think she is a daughter of On the Money Red. She is owned by the folks who owned On the Money Red. After I bought a snazzy new place with a fine barn and an awesome new truck and trailer, I'd buy her. :)

Angel_Leaguer 01-07-2009 11:58 AM

I would start by paying off all of my loans, give my parents enough to pay off their places.

Then I would move back to my home arena and by a nice parcel of land. Build a decent house (not too big though because I dont like cleaning...lol) and a sufficent sized barn with an indoor/outdoor arena and nice pastures. I would like to be able to raise my own crops, and buy a nice truck and trailer.

I dont think I would get a different horse... just get some good training on her.

All in all though I would like to stay on the conservative side of things. Make sure to hold enough money back to be able to retire on and still be able to maintain my addiction.

Jubilee Rose 01-07-2009 11:04 PM

I'm going to be different, and say I would buy a car!
Simply because, I use my parents' car right now to get to the barn, which means me only going twice a week. With my own car, I could go as much as a I want! :D

(But this wouldn't happen, because I don't plan on playing the lottery).

:lol:

JustDressageIt 01-07-2009 11:51 PM

I'm gonna make things easy for myself... if I had $1,000,000 I absolutely had to spend within a week, I would:

(in brackets is a running total of my estimates)

- Pay off my car (15000)
- Buy a custom saddle for Denny (20000)
- Put money down on a house (520000)
- Buy an Andalusian or Friesian (my dream breeds) and buy all new tack for the new horse(550000)
- Buy a brand new 2009 Ford F350 King Ranch fully loaded (610000)
- Buy a brand new 3 or 4 horse trailer with basic LQ (680000)
- Buy more tack (700000)
- Buy Rich his dream car and bike (800000)
- Spend the rest on clothes, pet stuff, and buy friends and family gifts.

There ya go.

JustDressageIt 01-07-2009 11:53 PM

Oops, read the question wrong.

If I could have any horse right now... it would be... probably Hickstead... haha

mlkarel2010 01-08-2009 12:06 AM

An amazing Fresian or Andalusian stallion.

starlinestables 01-08-2009 12:17 AM

Horse? Does it have to be a horse? I have to many already... I guess I would by a big warmblood of some sort. BUT heres what I would buy...

The 17 acres next door with new fencing and sheds for it.
New house, new shop.
Indoor arena
New Jumps
Cover my round pen
Dodge dually
6 horse alum trailer with LQ
Prestige Dressage Saddle
Oh... and someone else to clean my stalls!!!