The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Rain (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/rain-2039/)

joseylovesrain123 05-26-2007 01:47 PM

Rain

Ok I'll start my journal and see if i stick with it. :lol:
I didnt get to go to the barn today to see the love of my life *Rain*. :( but I'm hoping that i get to go tomarrow. i didnt get to go because my mom wants me to go shopping with her for shorts and new shoes, but i dont want to *i just want to go to the barn*. yet she insists that we shop so i have something to wear when we go off to Germany for a month and a half. honestly i dont want to go because i cant fully speak the language, i dont know anyone there that has horses, and i'm going to miss my baby WAY too much! :( but it gives him time to grow and he'll get to relax for the summer.
if i do get to go to the barn then i'm going to bring a tarp and an umbrella so i can start bombproofing him a little more. anyone have any other ways/tips to bombproofing him. he's already laid back and all he ever wants to do is eat grass all day. well since i didnt see him today i dont have much to talk about so till next time, byez!!! :D

meggymoo 05-26-2007 04:17 PM

Your going to Germany for a month and a half? Gosh thats a long time. Must be hard. :(

joseylovesrain123 05-26-2007 04:36 PM

yeah i realy realy dont want to but my mom wants to see her prents and i havent seen them in 11 years.

meggymoo 05-26-2007 04:42 PM

Do you go soon?

joseylovesrain123 05-26-2007 09:47 PM

i go on this coming wednesday *May 30th*

joseylovesrain123 05-26-2007 10:03 PM

May 26, 2007
I did get to go to the barn today after all!!!
When i normaly get to the barn i'm greeted at the gate by Rain and his pasture buddy Cody, but today i only saw Cody. I was so worried something horrible had happened to him!!! *we previously had a horse get hit by a car and die, not ours a friend that boards at the same barn.* I was looking all over the field not even thinking about checking the pasture shed/box *whatever it's called*. soo after searching the pasture i decided to check the box, and there he was standing all inisant like.
so i got on him bareback *no halter, saddle, or rope just me and horse!* cause i knew he would walk straight to the gait. *he doesnt like to be in the pasture for some reason, anyone have a guess as to why? i'm clueless*
ok so i'm on Rain just walking to the gait and he sees my mom standing there petting Cody. He starts to do a slow trot to the gate so he can get there faster, not to chace Cody. well i was expecting him to stop at the gate, but the silly head ran into it head first. *you had to see it!!!* he didnt hit it hard, no hair lost or anything just sort of pushed the gait i guess you could say.
so i get off of him to get treats and his halter. i saddle him up in a western saddle first *he's never had one on before and i wanted to see what it looked like on him*. it looked a little funny and i rode him in it for about 5 minutes. then i put the english saddle on him and did some flat work with him.
after riding him for a little bit i untacked him and brought him into the washstall. i lathered him up in soap and water and made him all squeeky clean!!!! then i sprayed him with Shine On*i think that's what it was, cant remember. it's some sort of spray from Mane and Tail* he hates being sprayed, so i'll post a topic for help with that in the training forum.
after i got him clean i let him graze for a while so he could dry off. i didnt want him to roll while he was wet and i knew the grass would destract him from rolling. :D
after he dried off i put him in his pasture and cuddled with him a lot *i'm not sure if i'll see him before i leave*.
well that's all got to go post my training topic now.

joseylovesrain123 08-08-2007 11:02 PM

Wednesday, August 8, 2007:

i havent added to this in a long timebut i'll try to catch you up on what hasbeen going on since i got back from Germany.

when i first got to the barn after my 2 month trip i did as much loving and grooming that i could do. i played with him on the ground a little.

The next time i went out to the barn i saddled my baby up and went on a nice walking ride around the barn after i warmed him up on the ground.

A few days of riding and ground work later i start to trot him for a little and walk a lot.

The other day i went out to the barn hoping to work on backing and stopping, but it rained earlier that day and i guess Rain decided he should play in the mud. So when i go out to his field to get him, he is covered in an inch of mud.
I didnt mind, i found it amusing, and it gave me a chance to give him a bath. He loved his bath, he stood nice and still for me.