The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone tell me what these are used for?

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  JustDressageIt 
#1 ·
So I got my new saddle yesterday (Crosby Prix de Nations). In the pictures I saw that on the right side of the saddle there are these 2 dee rings, and in person I got to examine them, but I have NO idea what they're used for.
I thought at first to secure a saddle bag, but the ones I've seen they go over the cantle and secure onto the billet straps.

Anyone have any idea?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Trust me ladies, I almost learned that one the hard way! Thanfully I was still on the property and my mare just ran back to her paddock, lol. The thing RANG while it was in there and she was sure she was going to b eaten by some high pitched noisy vibrating "thing" attached to her butt, LOL!!! She bucked all the way back to her paddock... lol After that, phone stayed in my pocket ;-).

#10 ·
Those loops are for different martingales or breatsplates. If you use a breatplate they sometimes attach to the D-rings in the front. There is also a strap that helps to keep saddles from sliding off and can help a little bit so it doesnt slide to the side and that would attach to the back hooks.

#12 ·
there are dee rings in the front for the breastplate. Dont all saddles have those? (atleast the AP's and CC's I have do)

I had a clip to attach onto my belt and it fell off one time. Thats why I got the thing to go around my leg.
It's never fallen out, but I just get nervous.

#13 ·
I doubt thoses are for a saddle bag -- for one thing they're not durable enough. Another thing saddle bags should always be evenly weighted, so you would have to have the same on the other side and also, at that location the bags would be in the way I think. I think they are for attaching an ID number/flag in competitions.

#15 ·
I doubt thoses are for a saddle bag -- for one thing they're not durable enough. Another thing saddle bags should always be evenly weighted, so you would have to have the same on the other side and also, at that location the bags would be in the way I think. I think they are for attaching an ID number/flag in competitions.
They actually are for saddle bags. As already mentioned by others, they are for traditional a "hunt" saddle bag. They're not meant to hold much weight at all, so no real need to be balanced.

australian saddle bags western horn bag

I have a brown one just like above. I think I've only used it once, lol. It's cute though! I usualy trail ride in my endurance saddle, which takes standard western saddle bags.

Pro-Choice's fabric version:
Professional's Choice English Saddle Bag Saddle Bags#

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.