The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   First Horse Show of The 2009 Season in 2 days! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/first-horse-show-2009-season-2-a-20460/)

Dartanion 01-08-2009 02:23 PM

First Horse Show of The 2009 Season in 2 days!

I'm uber excited because the judge we are going to have is awesome, he's really fun and laid back so showing for him will be a blast! what sucks though is it's a buckle series and in order to win the buckle you have to show western and western just isn't my fortay so yeah but maybe I will save some money and just enter one or two classes at least ridden I know I am going to do showmanship hehe. Anyways I figured (if you wanted) we could make a list of shows we plan to attend this year?? feel free to add yours :D

NCAA/CSHA January 11th
D'Alonzo Ranch January 18th
D'Alonzo Ranch Feb 1st
NCAA/CSHA Feb 8th
NCAA/CSHA March 8th

CSHA April (Don't know exact date yet)
CSHA Trail Trials May 2 & 3
CSHA May
CSHA R2 May
CSHA June
CSHA R2 June
CSHA July
CSHA August
CSHA R2 August

The shows from April - August are the buckle series that we use to qualifiy for state. I am so excited!! I can't wait to start showing agian!! hehe also one of my employeers might come to the show to watch me ride! woot I am uberly excited! the only crappy thing is I have to wash and braid D early in the morning because I work from 5pm-9:30pm and then have to drive over to my friends where I am spending the night so we can just wake-up and go to the show :D.

shermanismybaby3006 01-08-2009 02:31 PM

Good Luck at the horse show!!!!:D

We have one here in washington this weekend.Its called the Winter Woolies horse show!

I know I am going to watch, but I dont think I am going to show. If I do end up taking sherman I prolly wont do much and just walk him around at lunch break and stuff.

What time do you usually have to get up in the morning to go to the horse show? I usually get up at five and leave at 5:10 and just get ready at the show grounds. Your horse is more white so I assume you have to make sure he didnt get too dirty! The joys of having a white horse=)

Midwest Paint 01-08-2009 04:23 PM

Sounds kinda neat.. I need to set down an easier to read and remember list of shows this year. LOL.. Now its time to go through the dreaded organizer!

Dartanion 01-08-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shermanismybaby3006 (Post 225305)
Good Luck at the horse show!!!!:D

What time do you usually have to get up in the morning to go to the horse show? I usually get up at five and leave at 5:10 and just get ready at the show grounds. Your horse is more white so I assume you have to make sure he didnt get too dirty! The joys of having a white horse=)

This show starts at 8am so I am thinking we will probably get up at about 6am, eat get the horses ready and leave at 6:30 then sign up at 7:00am and warm up at 7:30 then be ready to go by 8:00 of course they will start late so we will spend about 30minutes just joking around with whoever we see there. My 9yr old Neice will also be there so I will be spending time getting her use to the show enviornment. This is her FIRST show hehe, I'm uber excited.

shermanismybaby3006 01-09-2009 02:00 AM

Thats awesome!!!! Is she gonna show??:D

Dartanion 01-09-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shermanismybaby3006 (Post 225886)
Thats awesome!!!! Is she gonna show??:D

Heck yeah! She's doing 10&Under, it's a warm-up series for the buckle series in April-August. If she wins the buckle I MIGHT try and get her to go to the State show of Champions but we will see how she does :D.

shermanismybaby3006 01-09-2009 02:15 AM

I love watching little kids show! Its so cute!:D
There was this little girl probably about 4 or 5 and she was showing a little mini in halter! soo cute!

Well good luck to you both!:D

Dartanion 01-09-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shermanismybaby3006 (Post 225895)
I love watching little kids show! Its so cute!:D
There was this little girl probably about 4 or 5 and she was showing a little mini in halter! soo cute!

Well good luck to you both!:D

Yeah there was a little little girl who showed his HUGE draft in halter and he held his head super super low for her! Gah I loved it!

shermanismybaby3006 01-09-2009 02:28 AM

Thats so sweet! :-) Man I bet that was a funny picture though this huge horse and this really little girl. Thats just too cute:D

Dartanion 01-11-2009 11:09 PM

Well today kind of sucked and also didn't. I entered D into two Halter classes just as a wake-up for showmanship. Well after not placing in my halter class the judge comes up to me and tells me "Your horse looks under the weather, and he's moving a little funny in the back." Well I was up till 12:30am braiding his main because I had to work so I don't blame him for being a little grumpy lol. D just looked grumpy and so I scratched from my second class and went on to showmanship. Then he approches me during the inspection and says "Are you sure your horse is ok? he doesn't look happy" I assure him that he's fine and was just up late last night. We ended up getting 2nd in that out of 4 though! woot. So I tack D up and we get the following:

English Pleasure w/t 6th out of 11
English Pleasure 5th out of 10
English EQ 4th out of 7
Country pleasure (Didn't place)

So I think the judge held a grudge for him being grumpy. Over all not too bad though :D. Then my little neice ended up with three people in her walk trot class and of course they are two adults. They didn't have any 10&Under classes so I entered her into Novice Rider and she got 3rd of out of three. She ended up getting the wrong diagonal >.< both ways >.< but then got 3rd out of 4 in her country pleasure class! she beat on adult but the guy was holding his reins wrong *sigh* but she had fun and did really well for her first show! and the judge commented on how cute she was :D everyone that always shows with me told me how wonderful D is for just packing her around :D I love him to death! so also since they are not giving out ribbons I am thinking of just entering showmanship at the next show and maybe one or two ridden classes.