The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Peppys first pregnancy journey (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/peppys-first-pregnancy-journey-206386/)

Mollysue 06-03-2013 11:46 PM

Peppys first pregnancy journey

Peppy is a ten year old quarter horse. I've had her a year.she has been wonderful therapy as I was diagnosed with advanced terminal ovarian cancer four and a half years ago. After a forty yer absence from riding I of course wanted to not waste a single moment doing anything that,was dear to me. So at sixty eight, I took a refresher course and dove into a whole different horse world.
I use natural horse ship foundation, spend hours in her company. As a t shirt I have says"My therapist lives in a barn", every moment is precious.hands on grooming, talking too, and soothing have created a tight bond.

Peppy has never had a foal, so maybe selfishly I wanted to take that journey with her. She's under my vets careful eyes. I picked a 100% foundation stallion from Fredericksburg Texas. He is a gorgeous black stallion, with I've been told a sweet disposition. Oh forgot to say peppy is a nice sorrel with just a smudge of white on her forehead. She is 83.74 foundation. My goal was to have a foundation foal registered with the foundation and AQHA. If you interested follow our journey. She was bred with cool shipped seamen two Times April 6th and April 7th it took second time. She had two ultra sounds confirming fertilization and normal progression. Her Progesterone was borderline so I am giving a progesterone shot every six days, to help keep the fetus. Our next big ultra sound is June 12th should be able to actually see foal. I can't wait,,,,

MsLady 06-05-2013 04:08 PM

So excited to follow your journey with you. I know exactly what you mean by your horse is your therapist. My husband is recovering from chemo and radiation because of Hodgkin's lymphoma and I have Lupus, our horses are what keep us going. They make us get up every day and make us laugh. Our colt is 4 weeks old and he is the best thing that has happened to us. We tell everyone we have the best groomed horses in Oklahoma because that's what we do 2x a day, every day!
Good luck :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

texasgal 06-05-2013 04:23 PM

I, too, would love to share your journey!

Falcor74 06-05-2013 04:37 PM

And, since I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, pictures are almost mandatory here, lol! :lol:

Glynnis 06-05-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcor74 (Post 2716114)
And, since I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, pictures are almost mandatory here, lol! :lol:

Almost? No, no, they are mandatory. :D

Cacowgirl 06-05-2013 07:48 PM

I want to folow your dream also. I had my own cancer scare, did the surgery, but didn't do the chemo & radiation-so far 3 years have passed & I'm doing ok. Due to unrelated financial reverses I gave my horses away last October, but I have some great neighbors w/horses, so I still get a horse fix & an occasional ride in my own tack which is really nice.

PaintHorseMares 06-05-2013 07:55 PM

Best wishes to you and your mare. When the foal is born and you see it running around with mom after only a few hours, you will have witnessed a true miracle of nature.
Posted via Mobile Device

Merlot 06-05-2013 11:23 PM

Nothing heals faster than laughter - and that is what you will get in spades from your new foal...Good luck on this fabulous journey - both yours and your horses :-)

Mollysue 06-06-2013 08:01 AM

Thank you all so much. I hate to admit this I've been trying to figure out how to post pictures, any help would be great. I know what you mean about the grooming, it's part of something I love to do it, and she has grown to love it. Our seventy day ultra sound is June 12th. If I can figure it out I'll post the picture for every one.

Falcor74 06-06-2013 09:28 AM

When you want to post a picture, instead of clicking on the "Post Quick Reply", click on "Go Advanced" and there will be an option to Manage Attachments. There is where you will attach your photos. Hope this helps. If not, let us know...