The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Expected but Unexpected (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/expected-but-unexpected-20669/)

BluMagic 01-11-2009 09:10 PM

Expected but Unexpected

4 Attachment(s)
Well, I found out this is a different horse. He was said to be in a trailer roll and he's a bit lame. He is very underweight too. However, not as bad as Blu was.

Registered Name: Rowdy Who
Sire: Wild Zone
Dam: Ramachandra
Jockey Club No. 0313536
DOB: February 9, 2002

Here are some photos as well. He doesn't look great.

BluMagic 01-11-2009 09:17 PM

Pedigree

Rowdy Who Horse Pedigree

morganshow11 01-11-2009 09:20 PM

are you thinking of buying him??

BluMagic 01-11-2009 09:28 PM

I don't want to buy him if he is going to be permanentaly lame. If he gets better...I really want to consider it. He is so gentle. And trained very well. My friend wants to get rid of him immediately because she has too many animals. But I'm not sure if I can sale Boo in time or at all.

mayfieldk 01-12-2009 12:09 AM

He's probably really gentle because he's underweight/lame. Most horses, when they put on a lot of weight, turn into fire-breathing dragons. If 'gentle' is the reason you like him... I would think of getting a different horse.

BluMagic 01-12-2009 06:23 PM

Gentle is only one of multiple reasons. I think the colder weather is making his pain a little worse but I can never be sure. Blu was very gentle when I got him and still is.

I also really want to jump and ride English along with riding Western and riding at Gymkhanas.

Its so difficult for me to explain. If I do sound 'not very smart' let me know. :)

1dog3cats17rodents 01-12-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayfieldk (Post 228126)
He's probably really gentle because he's underweight/lame. Most horses, when they put on a lot of weight, turn into fire-breathing dragons. If 'gentle' is the reason you like him... I would think of getting a different horse.

I second this. My horse was so sweet and calm, when he came he even had to go with the ponies because the big boys were to rough. Once he put on some weight, he's now a hot headed high energy horse who is the top horse in the big boy pasture

BluMagic 01-12-2009 07:00 PM

I don't deny the fact that a horse's disposition changes after going through times like this. Blu's did.

I really want to chance this boy because I feel that life is about taking risks(meaning good and bad) to be happy, succesful, etc.

I called my friend and I think she's going to have a vet come out. Plus, she is going to talk to a previous owner that knows about this gelding.

I told her I would like to be one of the 1st to know what she finds out. So hopefully I will be able to tell you guys more sometime this week.

All I can say now is that I'm afraid to invest in a horse I can't depend on. I'm so eager to find out the truth because I've had 1st hand experience with a horse in a trailer accident and he won't load. But this horse loaded without problem.

If anyone has noticed in the pictures, he has a big scar on his right front leg. This makes me very curious...

shmurmer4 01-13-2009 12:41 AM

no critique, hope for the best with this animal.

FGRanch 01-13-2009 02:11 PM

He is sickle hawked, but that could look worse that what it normally would becasue he is under weight and in pain. I hope he recovers well. He has an adorable face.