The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   French Link or Oval Mouth Loose Ring Snaffle? (

whitetrashwarmblood 01-11-2009 10:04 PM

French Link or Oval Mouth Loose Ring Snaffle?
I took a lesson with a new trainer today, and she suggested that I start using a french link loose ring snaffle. I currently ride in a Dee-Ring straight bar snaffle with a roller in the middle. I was already going to buy a Oval Mouth Loose Ring Snaffle for my gelding, so I was hoping I could just change the order to 2 snaffles. Is there really a huge difference between the french link and the oval?

Oval loose ring snaffle I want:

Ne0n Zero 01-11-2009 10:18 PM

Not really except that the french link has a flat piece in the middle instead of a rounded one. :')

luvs2ride1979 01-11-2009 10:52 PM

The oval or bean mouth puts a tad bit of pressure in the middle of the tongue, where the french link puts hardly any. That's the only difference. I have used both on my mare and I prefer the oval/bean mouth.

My Beau 01-12-2009 08:43 PM

I also prefer the oval loose ring. I use one for dressage.
My horse prefers a thicker bit. :D

JustDressageIt 01-13-2009 12:42 PM

Agreed with above, I prefer the oval mouth to the french link... but good on you for getting a double jointed bit!!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome