The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   New Paint Project (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/new-paint-project-207138/)

AnalisaParalyzer 06-05-2013 10:03 AM

New Paint Project

3 Attachment(s)
This is Toby. Hes a 13yr old, grade paint. his feet need attention, i know, some weight and some topline would do him wonders too. otherwise, anything glaringly terrible standing out to you?

tinyliny 06-05-2013 12:28 PM

he seems to be a pretty fancy guy. the only thing that stands out to me is how long his back is. may be in part an optical illusion due to the coloration on his side.

Falcor74 06-05-2013 01:17 PM

He is beautiful! I wonder if his body length is deceiving due to his slim lines? Just a few more pounds and some toning to bring up his muscles, and I think he will look even more gorgeous.

PaintHorseMares 06-05-2013 02:55 PM

A very nice looking guy. A bit of weight is all he needs in my book.
Posted via Mobile Device

Honeysuga 06-05-2013 03:23 PM

He is lovely, but so finely boned! Definitely a fancy, be it light, riding horse! He has a steep shoulder, croup, and stifles. He is long in the back and has a week coupling. The inverted muscling on his neck would lead me to believe he moves in a hollow frame. Nothing serious though.

I would say tons of hills and low and slow to build that weak topline, very close attention to his farrier work to keep those dainty legs and feet sound, and groceries and you have yourself a nice horse there.

AnalisaParalyzer 06-05-2013 03:24 PM

yay!!! im glad nothing crazy stands out. ive got him on a vet prescribed general supplement, free choice 75% timothy/25% alfalfa, a 10% pellet feed, and some alfalfa cubes, apple cider vinegar ad oil. ive been debating on beet pulp or something else to help boost his calories, but i think that may be too much considering he doesnt need too much weight.

also, you can kinda see where he's got less hair on his face, right above the cheek bones from mange. i finally got all the scabby bits gone, now ive just gotta get his hair growing back.

thank you for checking him out!!!

im super excited about him, i think hes got lots of potential.

CatrinaB87 06-06-2013 08:32 AM

He is beautiful! Can't wait to see him all fattened up :)