The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   You know you overdid your 2point practice when.... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/you-know-you-overdid-your-2point-207266/)

DancingArabian 06-05-2013 01:42 PM

You know you overdid your 2point practice when....

....you dismount, your legs give out and you fall in a heap on the ground.

Ow. Bruised my thigh. Luckily I was on grass. My horse shuffled away from me, disengaged his hindquarters and gave me a yes ma'am head bob. No idea what he thought I was doing!

Anyone else have their own funny experiences re-conditioning themselves?
Posted via Mobile Device

EdmontonHorseGal 06-05-2013 02:17 PM

i'm actually very amazed that my leg muscles aren't complaining to me at all since i started riding again after a 12 year hiatus.

i even torture myself with riding without stirrups just about every ride (3 times a week), and i'm not sore the next day at all.

i think my muscles kept their 'riding memory' even after all this time, lol.

Skyseternalangel 06-05-2013 11:11 PM

Oh no! Haha, I've done that before. I always spend 20 or so seconds with my feet of the stirrups, stretching my calves and whatnot.

It makes all the difference!

MyBoyPuck 06-06-2013 07:24 PM

Holy cow. The first time I rode in my new dressage saddle with the wider twist than my jumping saddle. I went to dismount and realized my hips were basically locked open. I had to wiggle my legs around to loosen things up until I was finally able to swing a leg over and dismount. My horse stood there like a champ wondering what his mommy was doing up there for 5 minutes flopping around like a fish. I was walking funny for awhile too.

waresbear 06-06-2013 08:20 PM

Kickboxer here, 2 point is where I excel from the pack, what a bunch of girls.....lol, you all sound like my husband after a riding lesson, he whines too.

EdmontonHorseGal 06-07-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2727106)
what a bunch of girls.....lol, you all sound like my husband after a riding lesson, he whines too.

hey now! lol. i wasn't complaining.

waresbear 06-07-2013 01:57 AM

Just teasin'.....right now I am whining because my husband bought a new mattress without consulting me, it's too hard, my back hurts!

Prinella 06-12-2013 12:09 AM

My first pre season hunt. I went and dismounted behind the float and had my friend catch me. My legs SHOOK like jelly for 2 hours. The next day was my first day on teaching rounds at a primary school. The staff room aka room with TEA and the toilet were upstairs. Not a good look

Sunny 06-12-2013 01:25 PM

Yes!

During a lesson (the only lesson I have ever taken), my instructor was having me trot (rising) the rail. Keep in mind, my personal horse was not even going under saddle and I had been riding barn horses once every few weeks, at MOST.

Anyway, she got side tracked and left me doing endless circuits of rising trot when I was SO out of shape on a horse with a flat trot, so I was doing all of the work. We probably did 15 rounds in a BIG arena.

She FINALLY came back in and asked me if I want to stop. Uhm, YES?!

I also fell in a heap on the ground when I dismounted.

DancingArabian 06-12-2013 01:40 PM

At least we can laugh at ourselves :) I find it to be an oddly satisfying feeling - no question I've worked hard when that happens!
Posted via Mobile Device