The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Stress TOO much stress (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/stress-too-much-stress-20752/)

mlkarel2010 01-12-2009 11:22 PM

Stress TOO much stress

So, if you've read my other posts I got a nice new MP3 player. Well I got all kinds of songs on it and the software that came with it worked real nicely.

Then I went to use it, and guess what? The display screen, which is ESSENTIAL, doesn't work!!! :evil: And of course I got it as a gift so I don't have the receipt!

I asked my dad to see if he could get it, but idk. I'm just not happy with technology right now!

Jehanzeb 01-13-2009 04:24 AM

What is the make of MP3? and what happened to the screen as in when did it happen?

Did you drop it?
Did you drop tea, water or any liquid on it?
Did you try to update the firmware on it?

It could be many things. Please provide bit further information :D

Regards

mlkarel2010 01-13-2009 05:55 PM

It's and RCA Audiovox Pearl....

Nothing happened to it. I took it straight out of the package and the screen just doesn't work. It's the same off as it is when the MP3 player is on.

I did just get new firmware. I hoped it would help, but it didn't

Jehanzeb 01-13-2009 06:17 PM

well the new firmware has screwed it. Unless or otherwise stated you shouldn't have updated the firmware. It might have been a different model firmware. I'd say if it is still under warranty then return it (though I doubt they take it back upon user error, however you can try).

If however it is not under warranty then I am afraid nothing can be done to it.

Regards

mlkarel2010 01-13-2009 07:05 PM

it didn't work before I got new firm ware either... i'm going to try to use the warranty, but I need the receipt and since I got it as a gift I don't have it.

Jehanzeb 01-14-2009 06:30 AM

I would suggest to try and contact the company and explain to them what has happened. Perhaps they can try and help you with it (perhaps there are similar issues with the same model of MP3? and they might know about it?)

Regards

mlkarel2010 01-20-2009 10:03 PM

Update: I love Wal-Mart! They let me exchange it even though the exchange period expired like over a month ago! Yay!

Jehanzeb 01-21-2009 06:05 AM

Yaaayy!!! Congrats! Atleast now you have a working order MP3 :D

Enjoy your music

Regards