The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Flip That Horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/flip-horse-20779/)

Lucara 01-13-2009 01:22 PM

Flip That Horse!

Has anyone else seen this? This lady has a "show" on youtube called "Flip That Horse" where she rescues a horse, rehabilitates it, trains it, and then sells it to a good home using natural horsemanship. I love the idea!

http://www.flipthathorse.com/

Click on the "FlipThatHorse" button on the left to see her videos.

Kentucky 01-15-2009 05:15 PM

What is not to lave i wish the best for her and those horses.

Jubilee 01-20-2009 09:08 AM

Wow, what a fun idea for a show. I have thought about doing this sort of thing once I have my own property and get a little bit more experience training horses. I would love to be able to take in rescue horses, fix them up, train them, and find them good homes.

Thanks for sharing, Lucara, I will have fun watching these videos.

Jubilee

Dumas'_Grrrl 01-20-2009 10:48 AM

This is a fantastic series!!!!!!! I've watched 1-3 and can't complain about anything she's done thus far! Thanks for sharing this and as time allows I'm sure I'll come back and watch the rest!!!

ShowJumpLife 01-24-2009 08:41 PM

Nice to see someone using nice methods but i dont agree with allot of the stuff.. like riding a 2 year old..

smrobs 01-26-2009 07:38 AM

I think what she is doing is great. There are already too many unwanted horses out there and if she can find some of them good homes then I am very happy for her. Although, that video of her first ride is the prime example of why I don't like to start a young horse in anything other than a western saddle. I think if she had had a saddle horn, she could have stayed on. But maybe that is just me.

Jubilee 01-26-2009 07:50 AM

Yeah, it may have been a good idea for her to use a western saddle. But I think she was just trying to advocate the use of treeless saddles. They are very comfortable both for the horse and rider.

Jubilee

suniac 01-28-2009 11:16 AM

I agree a normal western saddle probably would have been better for an unbroke horse. I like it when my saddle stays where It's supposed to no matter what. Also I think that there are a few things she could have done a little different. Like flexing the horse more and moving that horses feet aroung a little more(on the ground). All the desensatizing in the world isn't going to make up for a lack of sensetizing and flexing. I like them quiet sure but I also like them responsive. Her main mistake was leaving the reins so loose when she mounted big no no in my book. But I think she is on the right track and has a good idea with hepling rescue horses and all. I also think she did really good just needs to do a little more sensatizing and flexing.

RusticWildFire 01-28-2009 11:33 AM

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely watch some more of her vidoes when I get some more time!

Picture Perfect 01-28-2009 11:36 AM

You scared my with that title! I was expecting to find a video of a horse being flipped. :shock: