The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Idea for Club: Youths and OTTBs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/idea-club-youths-ottbs-207794/)

Hedgie 06-06-2013 11:12 AM

Idea for Club: Youths and OTTBs

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I haven't posted on here for a while, but I had an idea. I would love some feedback and some input.

Recently, a few of my friends have gotten OTTBs or I have befriended people with OTTBs (and I have had my OTTB for a year and a half now). We have been loosely thinking about creating some kind of club - starting around here and maybe expanding out? - for youths (thinking 19 and under) with OTTBs.

I think it would be a really cool way to make friends. We could go to shows together, have meetings, and of course I would create a website (with hopefully something along the lines of a forum). There wouldn't be any kind of entry fee and I doubt it would be all that official... It would be really cool if we could have t-shirts and saddle pads...

I dunno. It's just a thought - we haven't even thought of a name! But I think it would be really cool, and I certainly love the OTTBs. :D

And just because every thread needs pics :wink: Here our some from the spring...

Attachment 205282
Attachment 205290

BoldComic 06-06-2013 03:54 PM

I think it would be a great idea. There are all kinds of riding clubs everywhere. No reason not to start your own. Like you said, it would be great if it could help people car pool to shows and events. And I believe there is nothing better than spending time with people who share the same interests. Even if you didn't do a full website you could always do a FB page or a blog. Good luck and update if you decide to go for it. I only trail ride my OTTB but I think it would be great to get to know other OTTB owners. I'm sure the people in your area would feel the same.

Moonshadow16 06-09-2013 08:19 PM

The only problem is
1. Name
2. Logo (?)

I'm working with Hedgie on this :) Just got an OTTB to train, and have been looking for advise while dealing with his "quirks." I feel like this could be a really good club!!

futuredoctor 06-09-2013 08:29 PM

http://www.horseforum.com/attachment...p;d=1370527638

Beautiful horse, beautiful girl.

BoldComic 06-09-2013 08:35 PM

I'd make it a area club. Like here we have the "Mountain Valley Horse Club". You don't have to live in the area to be a member but all the club officers and most of the rides are in this area. Also when going to shows they try to take as few vehicles as possible. However, they do have a couple of members from over 50 miles away that like to come ride up here. They are not excluded because of where they live. Point being, maybe you could include the area you are from or a land mark of the area in the club name? Example "Off The Track in Mountain Valley" or something. Logos I've no idea, that's what graphics people are for. I'm sure there are a few on this forum (maybe art section) that could help out.

Moonshadow16 06-10-2013 12:30 PM

BoldComic- That's a really good idea!

The name Hedgie came up with was ExACTLY (Exciting, Assisting, and Connecting Thoroughbred Loving Youth). Anyone have any thoughts/comments about it? :)