Help! Have a few questions on showing!
So I'm going to be new to the showing environment (Both English and western) And I had a few questions.
1.) Are their any bargain websites or stores that you would suggest?
2.) What apparel do I need for English showing? (Hunter jumper)
3.) What apparel do I need for western showing? (Reining, speed events, and western pleasure.)
1. Ebay. Some of the best deals you will find on gently used show clothes.
2. Hunt coat, hunt shirt (button-up, collar, with long sleeves), breeches, field boots, hunt cap or approved helmet, belt.
3. Starched jeans or slacks, chaps, button-up shirt (long sleeves), boots, felt or straw hat (depending on season), belt.
For speed events you don't have to be as fancy. A plain button up shirt, jeans, belt, and hat will do. Western pleasure (depending on what level you're at) is fancier. Most people have some silver on their saddles and bridles. Also you'll want dark jeans, belt, a button up shirt that may have some bling on it and maybe chaps (again depending on the level). Reining I would say is somewhere in between. But for all of them you want the horse and you to look clean and neat.
1) tacktrader.com ebay.com horseclicks and equine now facebook
For English: Ratcatcher(Shirt with wraparound collar)
Coat(navy, gray, black)
Nice helmet (Charles Owen, IRH in black or dark blue)
Boots (paddock boots and 1/2 chaps or field boots in black)
Belt (brown or black, plain)
Breeches (tan in kneepatch or fullseat)
Stock Pin (or embroidered Ratcatcher)
1) There are many website out there to buy new and used clothing for a good price, ebay, tack trader, craigslist even. If your on facebook and your parents have a paypal you can even check out some of the pages on there! Awesome deals!!!!
2) English events everything is pretty standard as of what is already listed above.
3) Western events really depend on the level of showing your going to be doing. You basic have a different outfit for different western events, but as I said it depends on the showing level. If local you can get a way with a nice pair of jeans, button down and a black schooling helmet or any western hat that goes with the colors you choose. At times chaps may not be required...but that depends on the show.
One thing to make sure of is knee patch breeches only in hunters- full seats are pretty frowned upon. In hunters the whole goal is to make your horse look easy to ride- fullseat breeches send a bad message- an 'I need butt glue to stay on this crazy horse' message . Full seats are amazing for schooling, dressage, and occasionally you will see them in the jumper ring but never ever in hunters or equation. You'll also probably want to carry a black jumping bat in the ring. Good luck!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0