The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Anyone know of a boarding facility near either cypress or Katy Texas??!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/anyone-know-boarding-facility-near-either-20809/)

shermanismybaby3006 01-13-2009 10:31 PM

Anyone know of a boarding facility near either cypress or Katy Texas??!!!

I am moving in two months to the cypress or Katy area of texas and I want to find a horse stable for my horse. I am moving from vancouver washington so its not like I can go look around at different stables. Any help will be greatly appreciated!:D

EDIT: Cypress and Katy texas is by houston so houston would work too.

upnover 01-13-2009 10:42 PM

what type of riding do you do? I know some big hunter/jumper show barns, but most of them a little pricey if that's not what you're into.

PalominoStarsky 01-13-2009 11:26 PM

I live on the south side of Houston, so I am not familiar with any in the Cypress/Katy area. Heck, my horse and donkey live at my house on our property, so I don't even know of any in this area. Just wanted to say welcome to Texas! Sorry I am of no help. :-)

shermanismybaby3006 01-14-2009 12:23 AM

upnover- I have always wanted to do hunter jumper but have never had a horse that was able to do it. Is there horses you can lease there? I would be interested in leasing until I am able to buy another horse. I have a paint gelding, but I am afraid he wont be big enough to jump. Also how much is the board?

Starsky: Thanks:D

upnover 01-14-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shermanismybaby3006 (Post 229926)
upnover- I have always wanted to do hunter jumper but have never had a horse that was able to do it. Is there horses you can lease there? I would be interested in leasing until I am able to buy another horse. I have a paint gelding, but I am afraid he wont be big enough to jump. Also how much is the board?

Starsky: Thanks:D

It will depend on the barn. Most lesson barns will have good lesson horses that will give you a feel. check out...

THJA Main Page and GHHJA

There are lists of trainers/barns in your area that you can look up. You can find one that will be a good match for what you're needing. The trainers I know are the ones who show and travel a lot and own super fancy places. Unless you're wanting to go to rated shows for several weeks out of the year, I'd say find a good lesson barn.

upnover 01-14-2009 10:50 AM

PS, I wouldn't NOT jump your horse because you think he's too small! I ride mainly ponies and they jump pretty well :)

shermanismybaby3006 01-14-2009 01:35 PM

HAH thanks. Hes only two anyways and he could still grow. Thanks so much for all the info:D

upnover 01-14-2009 09:19 PM

LOL! Ah, I see! No, please don't jump your horse yet. :) Give him a few years and go for it!

shermanismybaby3006 01-14-2009 10:40 PM

hah yea i will for sure!:D

lexie03 10-16-2012 07:53 PM

Hi I was wondering if you ever found a nice place to board a horse in the Katy area? I saw your post from a couple years ago and I am moving to Katy from Oregon in December. I really need a place to keep a couple horses near Katy, or hrose property! Can you recommend anything or where to look?
thank you!