The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Playing Hookie! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/playing-hookie-208322/)

COWCHICK77 06-07-2013 12:03 AM

Playing Hookie!

50 Attachment(s)
Last night I had spun out. Dealing with truck drivers is worse than small children, and I have 8(drivers, not children). Add a crazy broker and dispatcher to the mix and you have a recipe for CowChick falling off the deep end!:lol:
Last night was the final straw when I had to haul the incredible belching mare to the vet for a shot of Dex.
This morning was beautiful and the trailer was hooked up and pointed of the drive...hmmmm, I said "to he!! with truckers today!" So I saddled my bay horse, jumped him in the trailer, loaded the dogs and turned off the ringer.

I headed out not too far from the house to ride to a lake. Let the dogs chase some jack rabbits and lizzards :wink:
This lake actually is in a volcano cone and was a huge producer of soda(for baking and mining). When they developed the land for agriculture it rose the water table and swallowed the soda factory which is still underneath the water.
Here is a couple of pictures of the lake and one of the dogs getting wet. (Believe it or not the Chihuahua swims! LOL)

Share some pictures and stories of playing hookie!

waresbear 06-07-2013 12:07 AM

Beautiful, did you go for a swim?

MHFoundation Quarters 06-07-2013 12:10 AM

Sounds like a good time. Have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I need to not live in flat boring corn field country....

COWCHICK77 06-07-2013 12:10 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2729458)
Beautiful, did you go for a swim?

No, I thought about it though, they say that swimming or bathing in Soda water is good for you!
My dogs have a lovely white crust on them now from swimming. I could only imagine what my hair would look like! I would look like a revered unicorn with my braid..tee he!

tinyliny 06-07-2013 02:50 AM

You deserved it! How nice to ave time alone out on big country.