The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (
-   -   Jumping course terms (

HunterJumper4Ever 06-07-2013 05:33 PM

Jumping course terms
I am going to a show in a few weeks, and to memorize courses, I use terms like 'bending line to outside double'. To me, it's easy to remember. Though, sometimes I don't know what to call a jump.
I know what bending/broken lines, rollbacks, angles, and half moon turns are.
But, am I missing any term?

upnover 06-12-2013 04:57 PM

In hunter courses I usually just say, quarterline, outside, diagonal, outside, diagonal or whatever the course is (although that is a pretty typical hunter course!). In jumper courses I remember each jump by the number. So I just remember, that jump is 1, that is 2, etc. That way for the jump off I can just say, 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 4, like it's written on the course sheets. I think what I do is fairly standard but do whatever works for you that makes it the easiest to remember your course.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0