The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   disney vacations (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/disney-vacations-20913/)

farmpony84 01-15-2009 04:57 PM

disney vacations

does anyone know good places to get discounts for disney vacations?

I'd really like to do a land and sea vacation but I'm trying to find discounted rates and they seem almost non-existent...

claireauriga 01-15-2009 05:42 PM

No idea, sorry. I've never enjoyed theme parks myself ...

But hopefully at Easter a friend is going to take me to the Efteling :D

Moxie 01-15-2009 06:21 PM

Im looking at a FREE disney vacation planning dvd add right now!!

Seriously I would try a travel agent first, then maybe try something like travelocity, priceline and so on.

My2Geldings 01-15-2009 08:46 PM

My mom received the free DVD add not long ago, she said the entire package was just fantastic. My manager also just recently got back from a Disney Cruise and said she had the time of her life. Disney is pretty good at spending money on the things you will remember the most so I'm not surprised :D

farmpony84 01-15-2009 10:10 PM

We went on a 4 day land 3 day cruise on the Disney Magic for our honeymoon and we've been on 3 cruises since and nothing compares. We always find ourselves saying... Disney was better...

So this is our 10 year anniversary and I'm going to book it again. I've tried every site I can think of to look for a discount. I think I'm going to wait a month to see if there are any discounts that pop up and then I'm going to book. It's more then I want to spend but... It's Disney and Max is 5 and what better age to go???

Moxie 01-16-2009 11:18 AM

Oh man! I'm jealous of everyone who gets a chance to go on a cruise. I'd like to take a Disney cruise when Seth is a bit older, and then I'd like to go to Paradise Island, with out Seth of course. lol

farmpony84 01-16-2009 11:30 AM

I took Max to Jamaica when he was 3.... he loved it... then I took him to the bahamas and we swam with the dolphins....

Joshie 01-17-2009 12:09 AM

We went to Disney last year. Wasn't cheap. Some recommendations: 1) Go late January or early February. The weather is beautiful. It was high 60s to low to mid 80s. 2) Stay at a Disney hotel that's on the Monorail. That's the quickest place to get from Park to Park. 3) Get the deluxe meal plan.

We stayed at the Polynesian. NICE place. We got the deluxe meal plan. We had food coming out of our ears. My kids are not eaters. They usually could care less. Even they talk about the food. This plan lets you eat things you usually could not afford (like meals at Cinderella's Castle, dinner at the Steak House in Canada (Epcott), etc. You can also have tons of snacks at the park. My daughter LOVED the Mickey ice cream bars.

It was the vacation of a life time. The only bad thing is that the kids still ask when we're going back.

Codes and Rates - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
Character Meals and Tips
Disney's Polynesian Resort

Spyder 01-17-2009 12:13 AM

I think farmpony should get the HUGE purse she wants so she can smuggle you Joshie and the kids and hubby into the Disney grounds.

Just make sure she is NOWHERE near CARROTS !!!:shock:

Joshie 01-17-2009 12:18 AM

Farmpony, you're my new best friend. If you take me and my family with you I might even share some carrots with you. Maybe we could even get some of Spyder's babies to escape home with us. :wink:

Really, farmpony, BFF, we could have fun!:lol: