The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changes in Western Pleasure

868 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  waresbear 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I read that article, and do not understand the part about checking yourself to see if you are already doing the gait correctly. Does he mean the judge will see horses doing an INCORRECT jog, and ask for a "lengthening", and you don't have to "lengthen" if you are doing a "correct" jog? Why not just not place the incorrect ones? Sounds like a HINT to me....AHEM...entry #476...please lengthen your stride...
OK, there you go...first place to entry #476.

Nancy

#6 ·
I don't jump on the WP bashing band wagon, it's just not my cup of tea.
I read through the comments below the article and I have to agree with a couple of points made. One being that nothing is really going to change until the judges start placing the horses according to the new rules.
Another point made was the gaining popularity of the ranch horse classes and ranch versatility should be a clue to AQHA that a lot of people want to show and see their horses in a more natural gait.

#7 ·
^ Along with what cowchick said, I think more people need to be brave enough to show their horses correctly. Sometimes the tropers win because they are the ONLY ones in the class. I know of several people who are scared to show because their horses have a forward lope. If more people were less intimidated or forced to conform to this style, I think change would be easier. I show my horse the way I feel is appropriate, and I have never not placed because of it. It just takes a little courage sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.