The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Scout's thread. (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/scouts-thread-209450/)

xlionesss 06-08-2013 05:25 PM

Scout's thread.

Poor Scouty Pants is lame, as some of you know. I got a call last week from a barn worker stating he wasn't walking very well. I went out immediately and saw that he really wasn't walking well at all. I called the vet out and we did X-Rays. Scout has a bone fragment in his shoulder that is causing lameness. Vet recommended surgery.
On Tuesday Scout will be getting the surgery. It will be close to $4,000. Without the surgery he will only be a companion horse, so we've opted for it.
Monday he will be leaving the barn and trailering to the vet that is about an hour away. After the surgery he will stay at the vet's for 2-3 days. Upon arriving home, he'll be on stall rest for 6-8 weeks. Then he will be allowed to return to a very small paddock for a couple months by himself before he can go back out with his buddy, Apache.
Well anyway, I'll be posting updates and most likely pictures of the poor boy. He's definitely worth all of this, though.

waresbear 06-08-2013 06:45 PM

So sorry Ashley, and poor Scout. Hopes everything goes smoothly for you both.

xlionesss 06-08-2013 08:03 PM

Thanks karen <3

xlionesss 06-10-2013 10:11 AM

No surgery for Scout tomorrow. The surgeon's wife is in labour and Scout will have to wait. :'(

NBEventer 06-10-2013 11:07 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooo poor Scout :-(

Keeping him in my thoughts. Hopefully things with the vets wife go smooth and he can get back to do surgery and make Scout more comfortable. Thinking of you both <3

xlionesss 06-12-2013 09:23 AM

fanks sarah <3
He's comfortable with the Bute, it's just stuck in a stall he's not happy about!

iwishihadahorse 06-12-2013 07:20 PM

Poor Scout I'm sorry about having to wait for the surgery I can only imagine how anxious you both are :cry: Hope he gets his surgery soon and all goes well and he recovers quickly :-)

xlionesss 06-13-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwishihadahorse (Post 2783922)
Poor Scout I'm sorry about having to wait for the surgery I can only imagine how anxious you both are :cry: Hope he gets his surgery soon and all goes well and he recovers quickly :-)

Thank you very much. :D

xlionesss 06-16-2013 09:04 AM

Today we're trailering him to the clinic. He's having the surgery tomorrow. Keep him in your thoughts!

xlionesss 06-17-2013 02:58 PM

He's in surgery at the moment and has been for almost 5 hours to my knowledge. The surgery is only supposed to take 2-3. I've called the vet and asked for an update, she put me on hold for all of a minute and told me he's doing fine.
I'm already NOT a fan of her...she acted like I was an inconvenience.