The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Draft Horses (
-   -   Draft Tack? (

belgianlover 01-17-2009 10:47 AM

Draft Tack?
Im getting my belgian back in about 4-5 weeks now and i'm trying to find a place that has a good supply of tack for dafts. Do any of you know of some places to check out, i dont care if the stuff is used or new. Thanks

WildHeartsCantBeBroken 01-17-2009 11:48 AM

I'm curious about this as well! I have a Percheron and I have been trying to find tack for him.

BarneyBabby 01-17-2009 11:52 AM

xilikeggs0 01-17-2009 04:00 PM

danastark 01-18-2009 05:57 PM

I've used and so far what I've gotten from them has been good. I've also bought some things from EBay. See if you have any consignment, used tack stores in your area too. I've found some things like halters, saddle pads that are draft size.

firebird96ta 02-09-2009 07:56 PM

If anyone happens to see a bareback pad or saddle pad in flourescent (lime) green in a draft size, please let me know where! I figure if John and I are going to get stared at for his size, we're going to go all out...found a flourescent green bridle/reins but not having much luck with the pads. Thanks!

my2geldings 02-11-2009 04:55 PM

There are a lot of stores online, there is also eBay with miscellaneous items. Duett saddles are also made for drafts specifically and I've heard the quality isn't to bad.

Duett Saddles: The Partnership of Horse & Rider

Big Horse Tack - Wide English Saddles

Draft Tack

Draft Horse Saddle -

I won't post the link because my post will get deleted by admin, but if you want to pm me, I can give you some really good sites.

Rozephyr 02-13-2009 03:03 PM

For harness, western saddles, and mane rolls, flowers, and other equipment definatly check out the Granstaff's are very helpful and nice people.

If you want to ride English I have had lots of luck with the Wintec, Collegiate and Bates lines of saddles that have the easy change gullet system. I get the extra wide white gullet and it has fit all 3 of my clydes. Wintec also makes the Wintec Wide which is way wider than their standard line of saddles and gullets. The thing I love most about this line of saddles is that I can buy a great saddle once and even if in the future I decide not to ride my drafts I can change the gullet so it fits a light (regular) horse. I personally have the wintec 500 all purpose for everyday riding, the wintec 500 dressage, and the Bates Caprilli Eventer for jumping. I love them all have had them for many years now and am very satisfied with the quality, fit, and apparent comfort of my horses. PS it is worth paying the little extra to get the CAIR air panel system. My horse moves noticeable better in it than when in a standard flocked saddle.
I purchase most I my riding tack at our local shop called Big Dee's Tack you can check out the saddles with the easy change gullet system at:
Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supplies | Search Results

I also get the Weaver Oversize english bridles
Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supplies | Product Information

they also have a black dressage bridle that is nice
Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supplies | Product Information

and Draft size western bridles Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supplies | Product Information

elliotthorse 02-13-2009 03:29 PM will special order your lime green color.

firebird96ta 02-13-2009 06:22 PM

good to know. thanks so much!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome