The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   My First Barrel Race - Went Awesome! (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/my-first-barrel-race-went-awesome-209930/)

amberly 06-09-2013 12:26 PM

My First Barrel Race - Went Awesome!

So yesterday I had my first race in town! My brother got a video of one of my races - if I can then I will try to steal it from him and post it, haha!

I ran time only, open, and youth. For open I got 35 seconds and youth was 32 seconds. I cannot remember the ones after the decimal, so don't ask, haha!!

On the first run (open) Brisco decided that after going around the second barrel then he was going to go around the first one again. So we almost went around the first one again because my reins are one handed and I was still holding onto the horn from turning position. But I got him to turn around and back to the third one and that went pretty well. This was about 35 seconds.
On the second run he was better. He walked around the first barrel, but that was OK. Then we did his really fast trot because he didn't want to lope. And I couldn't post because i was ready to lope so I was bouncing around in the saddle. But then he loped to the third barrel on the wrong lead, so we went down to a trot and went around it and then sped back!!! This was a 32 seconds.

So, I managed to stay on my horse and didn't knock any barrels down. That was an amazing day!!!

And I think I might go to the next one that is out of town as well. Now that school is over I have more time to ride and practice!! :)

If I can get the video from my brother then I will be sure to post it later.

nvr2many 06-09-2013 12:36 PM

Awe, congrats! Would love to see if you can get the video. :-)

barrelbeginner 06-11-2013 04:48 PM

Did you manage to *steal* the video from your brother.:)?

amberly 06-12-2013 12:15 PM

not yet. I haven't been able to get in contact with him.