The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Why was the slaughter/dog food (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/why-slaughter-dog-food-21004/)

county 01-17-2009 03:16 PM

Why was the slaughter/dog food

thread closed? Was there some rule broken and if so
exactly " what?

Spastic_Dove 01-17-2009 04:01 PM

I just went and reread the forum. The personal attacks were probably the bickering back and forth between you and LadyAshen it was off topic and kind of just snide and mean.

Everything else seemed to be on topic...

IronRoseFarms 01-17-2009 04:31 PM

It is understandably a touchy subject. The big thing is no reasoning will change those for or those against, so probably best for the peace of the forum. I hope my comments was not taken as personal attacks, it was never meant that way.

James

Spastic_Dove 01-17-2009 04:36 PM

I don't think any of us mean for our comments to personally attack people....We just are feel very strongly about our positions.

county 01-17-2009 04:51 PM

I agree I saw nothing that was a personal attack. But I assume some rule must have been broken to get it closed I'm trying to figure what rule that was?

Spastic_Dove 01-17-2009 04:59 PM

"If your post is nasty, condescending, rude, etc., regardless of how subtle, and whether shrouded in the form of opinion or otherwise, it is subject to be removed and your access to the Horse Forum may be restricted."

"If you can't share your opinion in such a way so as to preserve the friendly, fun, helpful nature of the community, don't."

So...I guess maybe the bickering broke that? I don't know. Most of the time when a thread gets locked or someone gets called out I think there's really no reason for it but maybe I am just used to more uncensored forums?

A lot of people liked the debate section and that got closed, I think they don't want us ruffling any feathers...or something.

county 01-17-2009 05:10 PM

I don't know either thats why I was asking? I'd think if the moderators want to avert " personal attacks " or rules broken they would point out " exactly " what the problem was to avoid future infractions.

farmpony84 01-17-2009 05:50 PM

The horseforum team has been reviewing this thread for several months now. It has from time to time gotten a little "hot" and then cooled down and started back up again. There has been some bickering throughout and it was decided that it was just time to close it.

That does not mean that another thread cannot be started with a fresh topic if you so choose. Just please, be respectful and keep it clean.

county 01-17-2009 05:54 PM

Thank you for explaining it.

Joe0121 01-22-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 232267)
"If your post is nasty, condescending, rude, etc., regardless of how subtle, and whether shrouded in the form of opinion or otherwise, it is subject to be removed and your access to the Horse Forum may be restricted."

"If you can't share your opinion in such a way so as to preserve the friendly, fun, helpful nature of the community, don't."

So...I guess maybe the bickering broke that? I don't know. Most of the time when a thread gets locked or someone gets called out I think there's really no reason for it but maybe I am just used to more uncensored forums?

A lot of people liked the debate section and that got closed, I think they don't want us ruffling any feathers...or something.

I am a regular on a lot of forums, I thought corvetteforum.com was really policed, but this place is very regulated, and rightfully so. there are a lot of young people on here and they don't need to be exposed to that sort of thing. Also if you want wild forum, ls1tech, pirate4x4 and other come to mind.

Every online forum has a personality for sure, I like it around here so threads like that getting locked don't bother me. If I want sarcasm, and internet meltdowns I have a whole host of forums in my bookmarks for that.