The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Riding Lessons in the Edmonton Area? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/riding-lessons-edmonton-area-21049/)

Nomi 01-18-2009 01:10 PM

Riding Lessons in the Edmonton Area?

Hello everyone. I've been wanting to take up riding lessons again (my previous experience with riding being a meager few months of lessons when I was 7 and the occasional trail ride, so close to none at all).

I was wondering if anyone here would be able to suggest a good (clean, friendly, and knowledgeable) stable that offers lessons to a *very* beginner 18 year old in the Edmonton (Alberta) area?

I am a bit, er, fluffy (ok, quite fluffy, 240 pounds of fluffy) even though I am working at losing weight (I lost 4 pounds this week!). Would any stable in edmonton be able to accommodate this (larger horses), or should I wait until I'm lighter?

morganshow11 01-18-2009 02:41 PM

[quoteI am a bit, er, fluffy (ok, quite fluffy, 240 pounds of fluffy) even though I am working at losing weight (I lost 4 pounds this week!). Would any stable in edmonton be able to accommodate this (larger horses), or should I wait until I'm lighter?[/quote]

i think you should go for it!!!!

TipTop 01-21-2009 04:52 PM

What side of Edmonton do you live on? I know some stables in Sherwood Park, Ardrossen, Beaumont, Leduc. I go to one in Leduc.

This is a listing of many stables in Alberta. You just have to go through it and see which ones are in your area to see which ones give lessons.

Alberta Equine ...On-Line Directory: Horse Board - Stables

Hope that helps.

NicoleS11 01-21-2009 05:07 PM

I know a few great places just east of sherwood park.

Nomi 01-21-2009 05:17 PM

I'm on the far west end of Edmonton, just past WEM. I could in theory bus to sherwood park.

Thank you for the link, I will go check it out!