The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Horse Poll! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/horse-poll-210761/)

TigerLilly16 06-10-2013 05:25 PM

Horse Poll!

This is just a poll, Im curious on other riders and what they do in their riding :)

What type of riding do you do? English, Western, Dressage, Eventing, etc:

What breed of horse do you own/lease/ride:

What is your horse's favorite food:

Do you have any barn drama?:

Whats the cutest thing you've done with your horse:

Whats your best achievement you and your horse have done:

GamingGrrl 06-10-2013 05:54 PM

I ride western mainly, I do speed events and barrel racing. I also do cattle sorting and trail riding. I show both English and western in shows though.

I own two horses, a Spanish mustang and a quarter horse.

My mustang loves potato chips, and about every other human food he can get his lips on.
My QH is a huge fan of a warm bowl of beet pulp.

I keep my horses at home, so nope! I do haul out and show, and have briefly boarded and have had some minor barn drama, but I've learned to just tune out the snarky people.

Hmmm....I'm not really sure. My mustang follows me everywhere I go, and is stuck on me like glue, it's pretty cute.

Pointing my finger and having my horse self-load into the trailer. My mustang in general is a huge achievement to me at least, I got him when he was green broke, so every little thing he learns and masters is an achievement.
Posted via Mobile Device

futuredoctor 06-10-2013 06:13 PM

Forgive me, I hate to run this into the ground but it relates to the barn drama. Will any girls make fun of a male who rides (esp. English style)?

DraftyAiresMum 06-10-2013 06:16 PM

1) Well, right now just trail riding in an Aussie saddle. Later we'll work into eventing and maybe WP.

2) He's a Percheron/paint cross.

3) Food...period. Lol. His favorite treat is Skittles and Fritos, though.

4) Not any more. There was a lot at my old barn, though.

5) I was having panic attacks about riding my horse due to another (similarly-colored) horse bucking me off completely without warning and fracturing my ankle. We had a thread on here called the "Big Girl Panties Thread." I made the joke that I was going to buy a pair of big ol' granny panties, put them on, ride my horse, and do a photo montage of it. I got such an overwhelming positive response to actually do it, that I did. The pics made me look awful, but making it into a game helped me overcome my fear.

6) I took my gelding from being a barely-handled, barely halter broke two-year-old stud colt to one of the best-behaved horses at the barn. I also have done all his saddle training except his first four rides (and I only didn't do those because I was in a walking cast at the time).
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftyAiresMum 06-10-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuredoctor (Post 2762409)
Forgive me, I hate to run this into the ground but it relates to the barn drama. Will any girls make fun of a male who rides (esp. English style)?

Depends on the girls. The girls I know wouldn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Copperhead 06-10-2013 06:28 PM

What type of riding do you do? English, Western, Dressage, Eventing, etc: We are currently western and are training for team penning this fall.

What breed of horse do you own/lease/ride: I have an appendix

What is your horse's favorite food: She doesn't get anything outside of hay, grass and some treats... So I'm guessing cheeseburgers

Do you have any barn drama?: Not really. I keep to myself.

Whats the cutest thing you've done with your horse: I can parallel park her or chase my sister around on her horse while going backwards

Whats your best achievement you and your horse have done: Being able to work walk/trot/canter in the ring without issue, since she was a monster up until last year. Also, no more flipping herself over backwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

TigerLilly16 06-10-2013 07:07 PM

Thanks for yours responses! Love hearing about others riding!

@GamingGirl, Wow, you get your mustang in the trailer by pointing a finger! Impressive :)
It takes me forever to get my TB in the trailer!

@FutureDoctor, at my barn we have 4 male riders, and if your good you wont get made fun of. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about it! Just show off a little ;)

@DraftyAiresMum, Woah! A percheron in eventing?! Your gonna kill it! Hoe you do great! :-)

@Copperhead, does he/she really like cheeseburgers?! Thats hilarious! :)

Kamakazi 06-10-2013 07:14 PM

I do mostly western. But I've also shown English (mostly eq and jumping) and my mom and I do endurance races

I currently have 3 arabian geldings, a Tennessee Walking mare, 3 miniature mares (1 which has a foal right now) and a miniature stallion

My horses love to get garlic bred as treats! :p

Nope, I don't ride at a barn. I grew up on a farm so the only real "barn drama" was between my older sisters and I ;)

I have taught my gelding, Adiel (one of the 2 that are FULLY mine) to hug me back when I hug his neck. -he puts his head down and wraps his neck around me

Again, with Adiel I got him as a weanling. He'd been abused and neglected by his previous owners. He'd never been touched by another human before. Now, 6 years later, he is fully trained and the friendliest horse you'll ever meet and I did it all myself :)

Dustbunny 06-10-2013 07:37 PM

Type of riding...Trail
Horse breeds...Paint and an Arab/Saddlebred
Favorite food...Apple treats (Had a pony years ago who loved PB&J and beer)
Barn drama...Why, now that you ask, just today. I walked up to my husband who was involved in a project. I was standing next to him and started to say something. He let out a yell (I think I might be deaf in my left ear now) and told me not to sneak up on him. Said it's just like sneaking up on a horse. Then he said next time he would have to lay on the ground and wait for the ambulance. I'll be "practicing" announcing myself around here. Oh, yeah! Hehe
Cutest thing...Sweetie, I'm way to old for cute : )
Achievement...Taking a horse with numerous issues and educating myself so I could help her be a good partner.

WhyAHorseOfCourse 06-10-2013 07:48 PM

What type of riding do you do? English, Western, Dressage, Eventing, etc: I ride in a dressage saddle, but don't go "the whole way" with dressage since I ride using a rope halter :-P

What breed of horse do you own/lease/ride: Standardbred

What is your horse's favorite food: Just about anything that's edible

Do you have any barn drama?: Sometimes, but nothing major, a miss understanding with the BO which led to me almost leaving was probably about all.

Whats the cutest thing you've done with your horse: Hmm, uhh, nothing really, although sometimes he'll cuddle.

Whats your best achievement you and your horse have done: Getting him used to the saddle and eventually riding him!