The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   critiqe my fren (karkar27) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critiqe-my-fren-karkar27-2109/)

Mathew 06-01-2007 12:44 AM

critiqe my fren (karkar27)

hey guys this is my fren (karkar27) i know she needs to work on alot lol..... feel free to critiqe her http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/41...ople_053_2.jpg critiqe her http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/418_ZZZ_2.jpg

Madds 06-01-2007 05:25 AM

ok i only have a few things to say. she shouldn't be riding in sneakers, yes shes being lead but its still dangerous. Also she should be wearing long pants. even if its hot. How many of us have wanted to ride in shorts when its hot! :roll: Her back isnt straight and she looks a bit.. sloppy still good luck

horses4ever123 06-03-2007 01:16 PM

Lets say this NEVER ride in sneakers or shorts unless you want to get saddle burn or get in danger. Straighten up, if you ever plan to show don't do that. She's not holding the reighns right with her thumbs up on top of them and she needs to keep her heals down! Also, lengthen the stirrups there too short! :roll:

Mathew 06-03-2007 09:47 PM

get over it if she wants to get sores all over her legs than thats her problem and if she wants her shoes to get stuck then thats also her problem......judge her riding not her clothes

Eventer Gal 06-03-2007 09:51 PM

horse

Yes i agree riding in sneakers is very dangerous!! too dangerous to even ride in the paddock!! She needs to ride on the ball of her foot not - well what ever she is doing!! Sit up straight and hold the reins up, there should be a straight line from her shoulders hips and heels. My opion is that she should defintally stay on the lead for a while yet (6months to a year) well until her riding is safe and she can buy some proper riding gear!!
Cheers

Madds 06-04-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathew
get over it if she wants to get sores all over her legs than thats her problem and if she wants her shoes to get stuck then thats also her problem......judge her riding not her clothes

we are not critiquing her clothes for no reason! Its is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to ride in sneakers. My friend is in a coma right now because she fell off her horse when she was riding in sneakers. Her foot got stuck, the horse dragged her and she hit her head numerous times. she may not make it. You don't want to put your friend in danger like that.

~AUSSIE SHOWJUMPER~ 06-04-2007 08:53 PM

h

hope your friend is alrite Madds!! Don't get on a horse until u r in safe gear

HighStylinRascal 06-04-2007 11:23 PM

From what you have here, her legs are 6 inches too far forward, she has her feet shoved into the stirrups too far, her back is curved way too much, shes not looking where shes going, her chin isn't up, her hands aren't closed on the reins, her thumbs need to be up, she needs to lower her stirrups two holes, and a riding critique would be much easier if she were riding in a bridle but I can definitely see why you have her on a line right now.

It'd be better if we had pics where she was trying to look good.

That all being said, keep working at it, we all looked pretty bad at first, and it takes time and effort to get better

Never give up on your dream to ride

ox-tuff_rider-xo 06-06-2007 06:24 PM

Well, its kinda hard to critique her when shes sitting like that. DOes she always sit like that when riding?cuz if she does, she needs to lenghthen her stirrups, sit up straight and keep her hands in a totally different position.

Kiki 06-06-2007 06:41 PM

Ok the sneakers bit I cant really comment coz I ride in joggers but the short pants and tank top are a big NO-NO!!! Saddle burn and pinching is NO fun!! And if she came off......yes I know shes on lead line.....she could get bad gravel rash.

BIG NO-NO!!!!