The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Rest in Peace Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/rest-peace-boots-211186/)

rememberourtroops 06-11-2013 09:37 AM

Rest in Peace Boots

Tragic September, or Boots as I called him, was a handsome bay Shire stallion who was born on September 11, 2001. Boots was humanley euthanized yesterday at the age of eleven after a brief battle with laminitis. His battle started last week but I gave the vet permission to let my gentle giant go to the green pastures beside the still waters. As Thomas Browne wrote " Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us." I guess that sun rose in a different way yesterday. Boots acted more like a gelding, he was never high spirited or "studdy" as some stallions are. I got five foals out of him, four are on the ground and the fifth has yet to be born. Each of his foals are either colored like there sire or act just like he did. I could trust Boots with any one of my nieces and nephews, most of my nieces and nephews learned how to ride thanks to him. He took accidental mistakes with a grain of salt, Boots would just keep going as he was. It was hard to get him to do anything faster then a trot but when you did it was like riding on a cloud. Boots won several carriage classes when he was younger, as in 6,7, 8 and 9 years old. Often I noticed that he was better behaved then some of the geldings who were entered in his class. Boots rarely if ever got spooked about anything silly, plastic bags etc. If something did rattle his nerves Boots would take a good look at it and keep going. Even when he was sick Boots kept a calm and steady mind. If the pain was getting to be to much for him Boots would rest his huge head on my shoulder and sigh, like I was acted like a version on pain relief. The night before he passed away I slept in the stall with him, neither one of us got much sleep. I'm just happy that I was blessed with so many years with him for he was truly a one of a kind horse.

Cacowgirl 06-11-2013 01:34 PM

So sad to hear of the passing of your lovely horse. Glad you have some of his offspring & even 1 more expected.

MissingStar 06-11-2013 01:46 PM

My condolences on your sad loss.

tinyliny 06-11-2013 02:17 PM

you do right by them, they do right by you. would you like to share some photos of him and his get?

Golden Horse 06-11-2013 02:58 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss, sounds like he was one of the stars.

wetrain17 06-11-2013 04:02 PM

So very sorry for your loss.

rememberourtroops 06-12-2013 01:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a pictures of Boots the second is not the best because you can't really see the belly markings:

NBEventer 06-12-2013 01:15 PM

What a beautiful boy. I am sorry for your loss. Its great that you have so many fond memories of him and he will forever hold a special place in your heart. RIP Boots.

michaelvanessa 06-12-2013 04:46 PM

boots.

i am sorry for your loss and thank you for shareing the pictures of your beautiful horse.
rip boots.

Bagheera 06-13-2013 12:54 AM

What a beautiful horse. I am so sorry for your loss.