The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Where to buy farrier equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/where-buy-farrier-equipment-21156/)

NorthernMama 01-19-2009 10:29 PM

Where to buy farrier equipment

A while ago, someone sent me to Star Ridge Company -- but I can't seem to get there tonight. Locally my choices are: greenhawk, greenhawk or greenhawk. I have yet to drive to the other side of town (1 1/2 hrs away) to see if in the richer part of horse country here they have farrier equiment. Maybe this week...

Anyway, does anyone buy farrier equipment on line in Canada? I need a rasp and if I can't find a decent priced one specifically for hooves, I will do what we did before -- get a wood rasp. It works, but I'd like to try a proper rasp. Anyone?

brittany 01-19-2009 10:48 PM

Agri Supply:D

shmurmer4 01-20-2009 12:05 AM

Tsc...

RegalCharm 01-20-2009 12:09 AM

only thing I would add is when buying farrier tools,
buy the best you can afford.

Miss Katie 01-20-2009 07:25 AM

It takes and hr and a half to drive across town?

Ive had to deal with a wood rasp before. It was a whole inch wide. fun fun.

I now have 3 hoof rasps in my kit, so if one blunts or gets lost I have a spare to get by til I replace it.

NorthernMama 01-20-2009 08:39 AM

Brittany and Shmurmur4 -- both those places are in the states. by the time I pay for shipping and duties, it's not worth it.

Miss Katie -- Ya, 1-1/2 hrs.... but to be fair, this is pretty rural country and I'm not actually "in town" -- I'm already 45 minutes just from this side of town -- so another 45 minutes gets me to the "other side" of town! I've done the wood rasp lots -- actually never had a real, honest-to-goodness hoof rasp and I'm finally going to do it.

RegalCharm -- I agree -- buying the best you can afford is always a good idea. That's why I'm shopping around. So far the prices vary from $30 to $50 not including tax or shipping.

Anyone buy these things online in Canada????