The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   RIP gypsy...my baby girl (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/rip-gypsy-my-baby-girl-21171/)

jazzyrider 01-20-2009 10:51 AM

RIP gypsy...my baby girl

1 Attachment(s)
i dont even know where to start.

gypsy was spending time with some trainers trying to sort through her problems. tonight they took her out to lunge her and out of the blue she reared straight up and flipped over smashing her head on the ground when she hit the ground.

they rang me straight away and i told them to get a vet out and i would also head out but i was an hour away. this was at 7.30pm. she still hadnt got up when the vet arrived 40 minutes later. when i got there she was still on the ground and the vet explained what was happening. basically she couldnt move the right side of her body and her right pupil was unresponsive to light indicating massive brain damage or a broken neck but she thought it more likely that it was brain damage. she said, and it was evident, that she couldnt come back from that. she also said she was in a lot of pain.

i decided it was best for her to be put down even though i didnt want that. i knew it was best for her though.

so at 9.15pm she went to sleep very quietly. it was almost surreal how gentle it was. ive never had a horse die before and i have to say its left a huge hole in my heart. im absolutely devastated :sad::sad:

RIP gypsy

Colorado Dobes 01-20-2009 11:13 AM

Oh my gosh!!! I am so terribly sorry for your loss! RIP Gypsy.

wild_spot 01-20-2009 06:01 PM

Oh no Jazzy :[ Thats horrible, I cant even imagine what it must be like. Poor girl. Thsi happened to a girl I know recently, exact same thing.

Many hugs and best wishes go out to you, it must be hard! xx.

MINIATURE SHETLANDS 01-20-2009 10:55 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts. Race the wind Gypsy and rest in Peace.

jazzyrider 01-20-2009 11:27 PM

thanks for your kind words everyone. i dont think ive stopped crying since it happened.

i just spoke to the people where she was and they are burying her under a big tree in the paddock she was living in while she was there. she said thats where her mare is going to be when she has her foal so then gypsy can always look over them and protect them. they are going to bury her with sugar cubes and licorice cause they were her favourite treats.

im so glad they are burying her for me because from experience at people funerals the hardest part is when they go into the ground :(

i miss her so much :(

my angel girl

mlkarel2010 01-20-2009 11:36 PM

aww Jazzy (((hugs))) That's horrible. Be strong. You're in my prayers

free_sprtd 01-21-2009 01:17 AM

Oh my gosh, I am crying for you and Gypsy. I know how happy you were to have her in your life. I don't know what to say......it's such a freak accident. RIP lovely Gypsy.

Tayz 01-24-2009 07:56 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Gypsy was a very beautiful horse.
R.I.P Gypsy

missy06 01-25-2009 10:12 AM

Oh my God...jazzy I just saw this thread. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, my heart is aching for you. I'm glad that you got to spend the time with Gypsy that you did, but I know no other horse can ever replace her in your heart.

ohmyitschelle 01-25-2009 06:14 PM

Jazzy I've only just seen this thread also. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and it was so kind of the people who were training on her to bury her where she could protect the newborn foal when the time comes.
May she rest in peace.
x