The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   An Amazing Opportunity! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/amazing-opportunity-21179/)

Spirithorse 01-20-2009 11:41 AM

An Amazing Opportunity!

Well, an amazing opportunity has presented itself to me! I had e-mailed Karen Rohlf (www.dressagenaturally.net) about working student positions awhile back and at the time she was full, but I just e-mailed her again a few days ago and she said she would need someone in the spring and that person would be there for at least 6 months! Her place is in Ocala, FL. So she said that if I would send her a video of me working with my horse she would watch it and consider me for the position!! There is a house for me to live in on the property and I would be able to keep my horse there at no cost. I would take care of the 8-15 horses on the property, do light farm maintinence, and help Karen groom horses, help with clinics, or whatever else she needs me to do. I would ride with her, participate in lessons and audit clinics. I am so excited at the possibility! I've wanted to work with Karen for a long time now and I would be beyond happy if she picked me. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I taped a few things yesterday and it looks fantastic!

Dumas'_Grrrl 01-20-2009 12:50 PM

*got my fingers and toes crossed* I hope that everything works out for you!!! :D

free_sprtd 01-20-2009 12:53 PM

OMG that is so amazing!!! good luck and keep us updated!

Spirithorse 01-20-2009 01:31 PM

Thanks guys! I will definitely keep you updated!!

Vidaloco 01-20-2009 01:49 PM

What a great opportunity that would be. I wonder if it would be worth going to a professional videographer ? Make your video really stand out maybe ?

LMW 01-20-2009 02:10 PM

Wow thats a Great Opportunity! Good luck!

Jubilee Rose 01-20-2009 02:14 PM

Wow, that is amazing, I really hope it works out for you. It sounds great! I agree with Vida, about maybe getting a professional guy to take the video.

farmpony84 01-20-2009 03:26 PM

that is really cool!

Spirithorse 01-20-2009 07:59 PM

Thanks guys! Vida, that's a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that. I'll have to do a Google search or something to find a videographer in my area. I wouldn't think they would be too expensive, right?

Spastic_Dove 01-20-2009 08:24 PM

Pros I have talked to have been really expensive. But what I did was work with a film student. I got pro quality, but she had really reasonable rates and just used the footage as part of her portfolio